The AARP program features permanent and term life insurance with simplified underwriting, which means applicants answer health questions but do not have to undergo a medical exam to qualify. The program also offers whole life insurance with guaranteed acceptance for everyone except for those who are terminally ill. Use the tutorial below to learn how to access the AARP Life Insurance Login page, register a new account, reset your password, and file a claim.
How does AARP life insurance work?
AARP gets royalties from New York Life for each member who buys a policy. A permanent life insurance plan grows in cash value over time. If you have a policy and die, the value of the policy is paid out to beneficiaries you select. If you outlive the policy term, the cash value is paid out at the end of the term.
What kind of insurance does AARP offer?
AARP offers Medicare Advantage plans through UnitedHealthCare. They include free preventive services, including an annual physical and flu shot. They also cover worldwide urgent and emergency care and routine eye and ear exams.
AARP life insurance policyholders can access their account on the New York Life/AARP joint website. Account management features include the ability to view/print detailed policy information, make payments, change account information, and more. Use the guides below to learn how to access the AARP Life Insurance Login page, register a new account, reset your password, and file a claim.
AARP Life Insurance Login: How To Login
- Start by going to the homepage (either by clicking the ‘login’ button at the top of the page, or by entering www.nylaarp.com into your web browser).
- Press the ‘Customer Service’ link at the top of the page (as seen in the image below).
- Click ‘Online Account Access’ to be taken to the sign-in form.
- Enter your username and password into the login form, and then press the ‘Log In’ button to access your account.
AARP Life Insurance Login: Reset Password
Forgot Password – On the main login page, press the ‘Forgot your username or password?’ link. Enter your username or email address, and then click ‘Continue.’ Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your account password.
How To Sign In For New Users
- Starting on the main account sign-in page, click the ‘Create a New Account’ link. The three-step registration form will load in the same window.
- Enter your last name, DOB, last four SSN digits, certificate number (located on premium statement/policy certificate), and email address. Click ‘Continue’ to go to the next step.
- Select your account details (username/password/security credentials).
How To File a Claim
Step 1 – You can file a claim by calling 1-800-695-5165 (Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, and Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM), or by going to this page and downloading the claim packet, filling out the required information, and then mailing it to the following address:
Note: Life insurance claims require a certified death certificate in order to successfully be processed. A complete list of the required documents can be found here.
New York Life Ins. Co. AARP Operations
Attention: Claims Department
P.O. Box 30713
Tampa, FL 33630-3713
Can I cash out my AARP life insurance?
You can use the cash for whatever purposes you want, typically without penalties or tax consequences — rather than only using life insurance proceeds to pass along a death benefit to your beneficiaries.
Does AARP have a waiting period?
There is no waiting period either, which means your policy goes into effect right from day one. The interesting thing about AARP term policy is that it is not as expensive as most other no-exam policies offered by its competitors.
How long does AARP Life Insurance last?
Whole life insurance: AARP members ages 50 to 80 and their spouses ages 45 to 80 can apply. The annual price stays level, and coverage lasts throughout your life — though you can stop making premium payments once the policy is considered paid up (typically at age 95).