If you frequently fly with the same airline, using the right credit card can earn you increased rewards and special perks when you travel. However, the American Airlines Credit Card Login portal allows you to manage your American Airlines credit card accounts online, any time, using any device.
Cardholders of the American Airlines Credit Card are able to manage their credit online from the comfort of their own home. Cardholders have access to a fabulous online account from which they can make immediate payments on outstanding balances and review statement history.
Not only that, but the online account allows users to activate any newly received cards without ever having to step foot into your local branch. If you are looking for instructions on how to login or how to activate your newly received card, simply scroll down the page and you will find everything you will need to know.
This page contains general information regarding managing your American Airlines Credit Card accounts online. Additionally, it discusses the steps you need to take in order to set up your American Airlines credit card online for new card members, including how to make your American Airlines credit Card payment and every other necessary things you need to know about the American Airlines credit cards.
Best American Airlines Credit Cards
If you want to earn American Airlines miles quickly, open a co-branded airline credit card. Very few of the top travel credit cards earn miles transfer to American Airlines, but there are plenty of American Airlines cards issued by Citi and Barclays. American Airlines miles are useful even if you don’t fly American Airlines because you can use the miles to book flights on partner airlines like Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific and British Airways.
Here are Select’s picks for the top airlines credit cards:
- Best for American Airlines: Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- Best for JetBlue: JetBlue Plus Card
- Best for Delta: Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card
- Best for Southwest Airlines: Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card
- Best for United Airlines: United℠ Explorer Card
How To Register Your American Airlines Credit Card Online
If you this is your first time logging in to your American Airlines credit card account then you are required to register your card for online account access. As the accountholder (the primary person who applied for the American Airlines credit card), when you register for online access to your Card account, activate your card and sign in to account center, you have 24/7 online access to the following account management tools:
- Make your American Airlines credit card payment
- Manage payment and account settings
- Choose paperless billing
- Ask for an increased credit limit
- Check current balance
- See available credit amount
- View current and past transactions
- View current and past statements
- View scheduled and past payments
- Send them a question via Secure Message Center
You can register for the American Airlines credit card online services on the Citibank bank website in just a few minutes. These online services are however only available to all American Airlines credit Card holders.
Here are the steps to register your American Airlines credit card online;
- Go to the www.citicards.com from your device web browser.
- You will find the American Airlines credit card registration link on the Citi credit card page below the login tab. Click the Register your card link.
- Now, you have to provide account information like your credit card number or Bank account number and click continue set up.
- Next step is verification, Citi card website verifies your identity.
- This is set up online access here you can create a Citi card account username and password.
- Confirmation is the last step.
American Airlines Credit Card Login Steps
However, If you already have a American Airlines Credit Card registered for online account access, you may access it at any time. It’s simple to log in to your online account, and you’ll need your login detail. To log into your online account, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go to the American Airlines Credit Card login page: https://citiretailservices.citibankonline.com/RSnextgen/svc/launch/index.action?siteId=PLCN_AMERICAN#signon
Step 2: Upon reaching the American Airlines Credit Card login page, provide your User ID and password in the blank spaces below and then press “Continue”.
When you select the “Remember My User ID” check box and then log in, your username is encrypted and stored on the computer you are currently using. The next time you log in, the system will prefill your username and you only need to enter your password (which, for security reasons, is never saved) to log in.
Important: Because “Remember My User ID” stores your username on the computer you’re using, do not use this feature on public computers (such as those in a library or internet cafe).
How To Make Your American Airlines Credit Card Payment Online
Follow the steps below to make an online payment:
- Log in to your credit card account.
- Hit “Make a Payment” in the account dashboard.
- Make a one-time payment. You can choose to pay the entire statement balance, the minimum due or choose another amount.
- Set up monthly or semi-monthly automatic payments. Citi gives you the option to set up recurring payments that can draw from a connected bank account. The automatic payment can happen once per billing cycle or twice per cycle in two equal payments.
American Airlines Credit Card Contact Information
If you want to learn more about managing your American Airlines Credit Card account online then contact their customer support by the following ways below.
1: By phone: Their automated service is available 24/7 or call during business hours to talk to an agent.
U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico
800-733-2654 Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT)
423-477-6512 (charges may apply)
2: By mail:
American Airlines Credit Plan
P.O. Box 183015
Columbus, OH 43128-3015
Customer service / billing questions
American Airlines Credit Card
P.O. Box 6403
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-6403