Amex Travel login portal is the online travel portal for American Express cardholders to book flights, hotels, rental cars and other types of travel. Similar to other travel booking sites like Expedia, Priceline or Orbitz, with the Amex travel portal you can enter in your travel information and see a selection of options to choose from.
Using the portal will earn you more points on your spending and could offer some additional perks. However, this webpage contains general information you need about what the AmEx travel portal offers and how to use it to maximize your benefits.
Who Can use the Amex Travel Portal?
American Express Travel flights, hotels and other reservations are available for American Express cardholders. Depending on which American Express card you have, you may earn additional points on your reservation or unlock additional features. Terms apply.
For example, The Platinum Card from American Express cardholders have access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts collection through the American Express travel portal. Additionally, American Express Gold Card and The Platinum Card from American Express cardholders can book room reservations with The Hotel Collection. Terms apply.
Benefits of Booking Travel in the Portal
One thing that the Amex travel portal offers that you might not see on other travel booking sites are perks and benefits that are only available to American Express cardholders.
Cardholders can access additional benefits through Amex Travel like complimentary upgrades and extra amenities as well as pay for travel by redeeming American Express Membership Rewards.
When you book travel through the AmEx travel portal, you may be able to earn additional points, receive extra perks or use your points to pay for your trip. These are some of the reasons why you should book with AmEx travel.
- Earn up to 5x points
- Pay for reservations using Pay with Points
- Upgrade flights with points
- Discounted international flights
- Cancel for any reason coverage
- 35% rebate with The Business Platinum Card from American Express.
Amex Travel Login Steps
In order to access the travel portal, you have to log in to your online account. The Amex Travel login step is very simple. You must have your username and password to access your online account. Those who don’t have their login credentials have to Create New Online Account.
If you are an existing customer with your login details then follow the simple steps below to access your account.
- Go to the travel portal: https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/partner/subNav/login?inav=iNavLnkLog
- Type in your userID in the field labeled userID
- Enter your personal password in the field labeled Password
- Click the Log In button
How to Book Travel in the Portal
While you can book travel over the phone with an agent, it is often quicker and more convenient to make your reservations through the AmEx Travel portal.
Here’s how to book travel in the American Express travel portal:
- Go to https://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/partner/subNav/login?inav=iNavLnkLog
- Log in with your username and password.
- Select flights, hotels, flight + hotel, cars, or cruises.
- Enter your travel dates, cities and other relevant information.
- Choose options based on your trip.
- Pay with your American Express credit card, points, or a combination.