At Benchmark, they continually monitor the market and your loan, so you don’t have to. This way, you are offered the perfect product for your position, and they strive to always get you the best mortgage possible. However, the Benchmark Mortgage Login portal allows you to view loan activity, escrow account balance and payment, transaction history, year-end interest and tax paid year to date and from last year, and more.
- Review current loan information
- Arrange to have your mortgage payments taken
directly from your bank account (ACH)
- Find pay by phone information
- View loan activity
- View escrow account balance and payment
- View transaction history
- View year-end interest and tax paid year to date and from last year
- View your amortization schedule
- Find contact information
- Find tools to help you make smart mortgage decisions
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
How To Register For Online Access to Your Benchmark Mortgage Account
If you are a first time user, you need to register for online access to your account. Once you register for online access and log in to your account, you will have access to make a payment and get fast, free, and secure information on your home loan and other online account services.
Follow the steps below to register for online access to your Benchmark Mortgage Account
- Head to the Benchmark Mortgage site, go to the top of the page and click on “Your Loan.
- Click on “CLICK HERE!” (For Benchmark serviced loans only)
- Click on Register in the box titled Are You a New User? This box is located beneath the login box.
- Key in your login details:
- Choose a username and password
- Confirm your password.
- Enter your personal data for the following:
- Loan number
- Social security number
- Email address
- Confirm your social security number and email address.
- Choose three verification questions and enter your answers to these questions.
- Click on SUBMIT.
Benchmark Mortgage Login Steps
To manage your account, make a payment, and view details on your loan you need to be logged into the Benchmark Mortgage Login portal. Those who doesn’t have an online account have to register first by following the steps above. However, if you have already registered for online account, to login follow the steps below.
- Go to the Benchmark Mortgage login page @ https://benchmark.loanadministration.com/benchmark/#/login
- In Sign-in Username, type the username that you selected when you signed up for online access to your Benchmark account.
- In Password, type your password.
- Click Log In
How To Make Your Benchmark Mortgage Payment
If your first payment is due to Benchmark, you will receive an email and statement mailed in a blue envelope that contains options and instructions for making your payment.
Once your loan transfers to your new servicer you may have options to set up online payments, recurring ACH payments and bi-weekly payments if offered by your servicer. Contact your new servicer directly for details on available payment options. If you loan transfer to the Benchmark servicing center, please see the section below for Benchmark serviced loans (insert link).
For some customers, the first payment may be due to your new servicer. Be sure to watch for the Transfer of Servicing Notice from Benchmark in your mail in the blue envelope or an email which contains the Transfer of Servicing Notice.
So you would like to make a payment, let’s get started. It’s quick and easy to make a payment using the Benchmark Mortgage Login portal. No need to call, worry about a check, stamps or the mail.
You can make a payment any time anywhere, Right from your computer, tablet or smartphone. After logging into the website, you’ll see your next payment due prominently displayed.
- Click on payment information on the dashboard or click on make a payment link at the top left of the screen.
- When you get to the make a payment screen, you’ll see the current amount due.
- You can select to pay this amount or make an additional principal or escrow payment.
- Next, select the date you would like to make your payment. Payments may be scheduled up to 30 days in advance.
- If you would like to have payments automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the same day, each month you can enroll in autopay. They will show you how to do that in a moment.
- If you haven’t selected one previously, you’ll need to add a payment method. This is the bank account from which your payment will be made.
- Complete the information requested.
- If you would like, give your bank account a nickname to make it easier to identify in the future. Your bank’s routing number can be found on the bottom left hand corner of a check just before your account number.
- Click on Save. You are all set!
- Click on the submit payment button, review your information, then click confirm payment.
- Congratulations! Payment is complete. Just click on Done.
Please remember any payments made Monday through Friday prior to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be credited to that day. Any payments made after 9:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time will be credited to the next business day.
Your payment has been made. Many homeowners enjoy the convenience of having their payments automatically deducted from their checking or savings account on the same day each month to enroll in auto pay.
Select the option in the make a payment window, select a payment source, which is the account number you would like to use to make your payment next.
Then tell them the date you would like automatic payments to begin and the day each month you would like payments to be drafted from your account.
Once you click enroll, you are done. Congratulations. You can now enjoy the peace of mind knowing that your payment will always be made on time.
For any questions regarding your first payment, Please email Benchmark customer service at [email protected] or Call their Customer Service Department at 1-888-600-2362 Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm Central Time.
If you have not received a communication regarding where to make your first payment, please contact their Customer Service Department at [email protected] or (888)600-2362 and they will be able to provide this information.