Calfresh Balance: California citizens who receive public benefits can make purchases using an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card, called the CalFresh EBT Card also known as Golden State Advantage Card. Consumers can access their funds outside of the state, as well. You can check your CalFresh EBT Card Balance balance by checking your latest receipt generated when you made a purchase with your EBT card, by phone or by logging into your CalFresh account you set up that is tied to your card.
If you receive California SNAP benefits and have a CalFresh EBT Card and looking for how to check your balance, there are several ways you can obtain the balance on your card. In this post, we will explain in detail the three ways you can check your CalFresh EBT Balance.
What is the CalFresh EBT Card?
The CalFresh EBT Card, also called the Golden State Advantage card is used to administer your monthly California food stamps benefits. If you are approved for food stamps in California, your monthly benefits will be deposited each month on a CalFresh EBT Card, which works like a debit card.
Calfresh Balance: How To Check Your CalFresh EBT Card Balance
Here’s how to check the balance on your CalFresh EBT Card.
Method 1: Check your Last Receipt: The first option for checking your California EBT Card balance is to check your last receipt. This is the easiest and quickest way to locate the current balance on your California EBT Card.
Once you locate your last receipt, the card balance will be listed at the bottom of your grocery store receipt or the ATM receipt if you also get cash benefits.
You should get in the habit of keeping your most current EBT receipt, that way, you always have a quick way to check your balance before you shop.
Method 2: Login to CalFresh EBT Card Account: The second option for checking your California EBT Card balance is online through the Advantage Card website.
- To log in, visit the ebt.ca.gov sign in, then enter your card number.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to view your current balance and transaction history.
- If you do not have an ebtEDGE account, you can create an Advantage Card Account here.
Method 3: Check CalFresh EBT Balance by Phone: Lastly, you can check your CalFresh EBT Card balance is by phone.
- Call the EBT Customer Service number (1-877-328-9677) on the back of your card.
- The Customer Service Hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- After you call, enter your sixteen (16) digit EBT card number and you will hear your current CalFresh or cash account balance(s).
CalFresh EBT Contact Information
Check the back of your card for a toll-free phone number you can call to check your balance, as well as ask other questions. The main number to call is 877-328-9677. When you call, you’ll be asked to put in your personal information, such as your card number and PIN.
Here’s the number to call if you are trying to reach California Food Stamps EBT Customer Service:
You can call 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
You can call the CalFresh EBT Phone Number if:
- Your card is lost or stolen.
- Your card does not work.
- You want to change your PIN because you forgot it or if
someone else knows your PIN. Your public assistance office
may also be able to help you change your PIN.
- You want to find out how much you have left in your account.
- You have been charged for a purchase but you didn’t get the food or
if you were charged too much for what you bought.
- You have other questions or problems.