Are you trying to log in and access your CalWIN benefits, check the status of an application, upload documents, or renew your benefits, we can help. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to successfully complete the CalWIN Benefits Login. To access your account online you must first have an online an Account with them, If you are a new user kindly follow the steps below to create an account.
Why Should I Create a MyBenefits Account?
There are many benefits from creating an account. The following are some of the many functions you have access to if you create an account:
- View your benefits and or EBT balance online
- Exit at any time and your information will be saved
- Complete CalFresh Recertification online (only for CalFresh only cases)
- Complete SARR 7 reports for CalFresh and CalWORKs programs online
- Return to a started Application or Report
- Upload documents
- Sign Up and view eNotice (electronic correspondence) online
- Sign up to receive eCommunication (text and emails from the county)
- Ability to submit documents online
- Update your phone number and email address without calling a worker
- Communicate directly with a worker if they send you an action
Note: If you do not create an account you will not be able to return to an application and cannot apply for all programs, if you are applying for CalFresh ONLY, you can complete an application without creating a MyBenefits CalWIN user account.
Also, if you do not create a MyBenefits CalWIN user account, you must finish the application during the initial session for it to be sent to the county. Once the application is sent, you will not be able to view it or upload documents.
How to Create a MyBenefits Account
Click Create an Account to register as a user of the system so you can save your information and return to it later. Once you create the User ID you can exit at any time and your information will be saved. To return to your information later, click the Sign In button.
Clicking the Create an Account link on the home page will guide you through the process of creating your MyBenefits account.
Enter the following information in order to create an account:
- Select County: You will be able to view your benefits for this county only.
- Personal Info: Your first and last name. You will also need an email address to activate your MyBenefits account. If you don’t have an email address, there is a link to create one.
- Sign In Info: You will be asked to create a Username and password. Your password should include
- at least one UPPERCASE letter.
- at least one lowercase letter.
- at least one number.
Note: Password cannot contain the Username or any part of your name.
- Next, you will receive an email allowing you to confirm your account. Select the link in the email to return to MyBenefits CalWIN.
- Items that have a * next to them are required to continue.
Please note: the creation of a MyBenefits CalWIN account is not an application for benefits. The information you provide in establishing a MyBenefits CalWIN account DOES NOT affect or change your benefits.
CalWIN Benefits Login Steps
Follow the instructions below for help logging in MyBenefits CalWIN online account.
Step 1: Visit MyBenefits CalWIN Account Website
To start the login process for your MyBenefits CalWIN, visit the MyBenefits CalWIN website at www.mybenefitscalwin.org.
- Once you are on the homepage you will need to locate the “Sign In” button, which is usually at the top part of the site .
- Click on the “Sign In” button to proceed with the process
Step 2: Enter Your username
- Next, you will be taken to a page where you will be required to enter your account username.
- You will have to enter a valid username in order to proceed to the password page.
- Once you enter the correct username, click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: Enter Your Password
- If you entered the correct username, you will be taken to the password page, with the sign-in image/picture you selected showing.
- Make sure the picture is the one you picked.
- Once you enter your password, click the “Sign In”.
Step 4: View your account
If you entered the correct password, you will be automatically taken to your MyBenefits CalWIN account page.
Once there, you can perform a variety of tasks as listed above, including:
- See if you are eligible for benefits
- Apply for Benefits
- View or Continue an Application
- Learn about Affordable Health Insurance
Forgot Username and Password
You will have to know the email address you signed up with to have your username emailed to you. If you do not remember it or no longer have access to it, please contact your county of residence. DO NOT try to create a new account, if you choose to be able to view your case information (benefits) when you created your account, your social security number will be tied to the initial email address used when the MyBenefits CalWIN account was created. Even if you try to create a new account, do to security, you will not be able to.
1: Forgot Username: If you do not remember your username, when you are prompted at the beginning of the login process, answer “No”.
Next, You will then be taken to a page where you have to provide certain information to retrieve your username including:
- EBT Number or Case Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number or Zip Code
Once you provide the requested information, click “Continue” for further instructions on how to retrieve your username.
2: Forgot Password: On the login page, click on “Forget your password/PIN? Click here to reset your password/PIN” link as shown below.
- Next, you will be taken to a page where you have to enter “Username/Customer ID”.
- Enter the requested information and click on “Continue” for further instructions on how to reset your password as shown below:
Note: You can change the email address linked to your account anytime. This change can be made in the Sign-In Info tab, found under the Create A MyBenefits Account link located on the right hand side of the top of the home page.