How To Make Your Discover Card Payment Online, Phone, Mail
Previously we talked about Discover credit card login, how to login, reset your password incase if forgotten, create an account and much more. Right now we are going to look into Discover Card Payment methods, how to make Discover Card Payment online, by phone and by mail. continue reading below.
Paying off your credit card on time each month is critical for maintaining a solid credit score and preventing late fees from piling up. For Discover card users, the simplest way to make a payment is to create a user account on the Discover website. If you prefer not to put your financial information online, you can also submit a payment through the mail in the form of a check or money order.
People Also Ask: How Long Does It Take For a Discover Payment to Go Through Online?
What Are The Discover Card Payment Requirements?
Please see below for more information on payment posting:
For Non-Discover It® Card Members:
- Payments submitted before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) with a payment posting date of the same day will be credited to your account that day
- Payments submitted after 5:00pm will not be posted same day, and will have a posting date of the next day.
- Payments scheduled for a future date will be credited to your account on the date selected
- Online and phone payments scheduled, but not yet posted, can be canceled online up until 5:00 p.m. ET on the payment posting date and will not post to your account
For Discover it® Card Members:
- Payments submitted before midnight Eastern Time (ET) will be credited to your account that day, except for payments made on the cycle date. Payments made on your cycle date submitted before 5:00 p.m. ET will be credited as of that same day
- Same day payments submitted before 5:00 p.m. ET can be cancelled until 5:00 p.m. ET that same day. Same day payments submitted after 5:00 p.m. ET but before midnight ET can be canceled until midnight of that same day
- Payments scheduled for a future date will be credited to your account on the date selected. Future scheduled payments can be cancelled until 5:00 ET of the scheduled date
How To Make Your Discover Card Payment Online
Discover makes it easy for you to make a credit card payment online or through these other convenient options:
- Log in to your account to pay online. Or register now.
- Use their mobile app to pay. You can text APP to DISCOV (347268) to download the app to your phone.
- Use the online bill pay service from your bank account. See >>Discover Bank Login: How To Access Your Discover Bank Account
- Start making a monthly automatic payment to help be sure you’ll pay on time and avoid late fees.
How To Make Your Discover Card Payment By Phone
You can pay your Discover bill any time by calling 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). Discover has no pay-by-phone convenience fee.
How To Make Your Discover Card Payment By Mail
1: Detach the payment coupon from your monthly account statement. At the top of your statement you’ll see your total balance, your required monthly minimum payment, and all recent transactions. At the bottom, you’ll find a detachable payment coupon. Tear off this portion of the statement so you can send it in along with your payment.
- Remove the payment coupon carefully to avoid ripping it and losing any important info.
2: Fill out a check or money order with your minimum monthly payment. Provide all the necessary details of your payment, including your name, the day’s date, and the numerical and written amount that the check is worth. Write your account number on the memo line to identify what the payment is for.
- If you’re sending a payment via money order, you’ll also need to sign the front side of the form.
- Never send cash through the mail, as it could easily be intercepted and stolen by a third party.
3: Address your envelope to Discover’s Financial Services department. When providing the recipient information, make sure you put down the address for the main Discover billing office rather than the company headquarters or a regional office. The address for Discover’s Financial Services department is P.O. Box 6103, Carol Stream, IL 60187-6103.
- This address is also conveniently listed on the top of the payment coupon, so you shouldn’t have to worry about forgetting it.
- If you accidentally mail your payment to the wrong place, there’s a chance it may not be processed before the due date.
4: Mail your payment 7-10 business days before it’s due. It’s called “snail mail” for a reason. If you want to be certain that your payment will be received on time, it’s a good idea to send it out at least a week before the listed due date. Otherwise, there’s no telling when it might arrive.
- Keep in mind that the mail doesn’t run on the weekends in some parts of the world. To make sure your payment will be received on time, only include business days in your 7-10 day window.
How To Pay Your Credit card bill with a check
You can mail your check to the address on the payment coupon at the bottom of your credit card statement. If you can’t find this address, mail your check to:
Discover Financial Services
P.O. Box 6103
Carol Stream, Illinois 60197-6103
Note: Please remember to always pay with a personal check, cashier’s check or money order, and never send cash. Please write your account number on the “memo” line, and to avoid late fees, always allow 7-10 days for your payment to reach us. Please include the payment coupon at the bottom of your credit card statement.