One of the best ways to Get Car Insurance Quote Online is to shop around and compare coverage and rates from multiple companies. Drivers are required to have auto insurance in almost every state. But if you find yourself with a handful of questions about car insurance, you’re not alone — and it’s wise to learn about insurance before you get quotes. Here’s everything you need to know about auto insurance quotes before you shop.
What are auto insurance quotes for car insurance?
A car insurance quote is an estimate of how much you’ll pay for a policy. An insurance quote is calculated based on the information you provide, including your age, the car you drive, your driving history and where you live, among other factors.
Insurers each use their own unique formula to calculate a car insurance quote, so even if you provide the same information to Geico, Progressive or any other company, no two quotes will be the same. The more auto insurance quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest car insurance company for you.
Types of Car Insurance
These are the common types of car insurance policies:
- Comprehensive cover: This covers the cost of repairs to or replacement of your own vehicle and property whether you are at fault or not. It can also cover the cost of emergency repairs, transportation costs and damage caused by other drivers.
- Third Party Fire & Theft cover: Third Party, Fire and Theft covers you for loss or damage to your car if it is stolen or catches fire in addition to your liability for damage caused by your car to other people’s property.
- Third party property cover: Covers damage that you have caused to another person’s vehicle or property. It does not cover the cost of damage to your own car. It usually includes legal costs, limited damage by uninsured drivers and claims service.
- Compulsory third party insurance (CTP): Otherwise known as ‘green slip’ insurance, CTP is required of every registered driver in Australia. It indemnifies drivers who are legally liable for personal injury to another party in the event of a car accident. This can include other drivers, passengers, cyclists and pedestrians.Each State has a different process for CTP and Registration. See your State Government for details.
- Additional coverage options: Besides the standard cover provided some Insurers will have additional features and benefits available, they may include New car replacement, protected No Claim Bonus and choice of repairer. You should look at each policy and see that the features and benefits are what you are looking for in an insurance policy.
Why you should get free car insurance quotes online
Finding cheap auto insurance quotes doesn’t have to be difficult.
Here are some of the best reasons to start comparing quotes now.
- Save money. Comparison shopping is one of the best ways to find the cheapest rates.
- It’s free and easy. Get car insurance quotes in just a few minutes with no cost or hassle.
- Find an insurer you trust. We partner with the country’s leading insurers, so you can be confident you’ll be protected when it counts.
- Receive personalized service. Know that your online quote matches your unique driver profile and circumstances.
- Shop with confidence. InsuranceDiaries.com respects your privacy, and we take extra precautions to ensure your information remains secure.
- What Is The Actual Cash Value Of My Car?
- ICICI Lombard Car Policy Renewal – How To Renew Your ICICI Lombard Policy
- GEICO Save 15 Quote on Car Insurance – But is it Really True?
How To Get Car Insurance Quote Online
Information needed for car insurance quotes
When requesting a quote or submitting a form for a quote online, you’ll need to have some personal information about you as a motorist on hand. This is a list of the information you’ll commonly be asked for when inquiring about a quote:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Current insurance information (if any)
- Marital status
- The make, model and year of the car you drive
- Whether you purchased the car new or used
- Your car’s odometer reading/how much you drive in a year
- Vehicle license plate number
- Driver’s license number
- Driving history (any claims, violations or accidents)
Choose a policy and the appropriate coverage limits
The type of auto insurance policy you choose — whether minimum or full coverage — will affect your quote, so it helps to have a general idea of which coverages you’d like before getting one.
We typically recommend all drivers consider purchasing full coverage car insurance, particularly if their vehicle is worth more than $3,000. Additionally, some drivers may need special coverages that increase the price of their auto quote. Gap insurance, for example, is an optional coverage that reimburses drivers financing their vehicle with an auto loan in the event of auto theft or a total loss.
Be sure to consider any unique circumstances that will influence the policy type and coverage options you select when getting a quote. You should also try to determine ahead of time what liability limits you’ll select for the following standard coverages:
- Bodily injury liability reimburses medical expenses, emergency services, compensation of lost income and even funeral expenses to another driver for accidents in which you are at fault.
- Property damage liability covers repair and replacement costs of damage to homes, storefronts, vehicles and other property for accidents in which you are at fault.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) offers reimbursement for your own medical expenses, regardless of who was at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist offers reimbursement for your bodily injury or property damage expenses for accidents in which the at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured.
Comparison shop to find your best rate
After you’ve gathered relevant personal and vehicle information and chosen your policy type and coverage selections, you’re ready to get a quote. A quick and simple way to compare multiple car insurance quotes is to use our tool at the top of the page. You can start by entering your ZIP code.
As an alternative, many insurers offer their own free online quote tools you can access directly through their websites, or you might consider working with an insurance agent to help you with the process.
Pros And Cons Of Getting Auto Insurance Quotes Online
- Convenient, low-pressure experience
- Can compare quotes from several insurance companies in one session
- Ability to adjust policy details to see different prices
- Online car insurance quotes may not be as close to your final price as quotes from an agent
- Websites often provide less information than an agent, who can answer questions face-to-face
- May receive follow-up calls and emails
- Buying Car Insurance Online vs Agent | Let’s see which is better
- Does Insurance Cover a Stolen Car? Everything you need to know
Should you get a quote online or with an agent?
Quotes can be obtained in several ways, such as in person, over the phone or online. Online (direct) quotes are typically the most convenient, but drivers who prefer a more personal touch may opt to work directly with an agent.
- You can also check quotes on the insurer’s website for free. Some companies, such as Progressive, let you see competitors’ rates side by side so you can find the best price for you.
- If you can’t get a quote online, try calling an agent at the insurance company you’re interested in. With agents, you can either get one company’s quotes or quotes from multiple carriers.