The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a San Antonio-based Fortune 500 diversified financial services group of companies including a Texas Department of Insurance-regulated reciprocal inter-insurance exchange and subsidiaries offering banking, investing, and insurance to people and families who serve, or served, in the United States Armed Forces. At the end of 2017, it had 12.4 million members. Todays guide will show you how to Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote.
Learn More About USAA Auto Insurance
USAA was founded in 1922 in San Antonio by a group of 25 U.S. Army officers as a mechanism for mutual self-insurance when they were unable to secure auto insurance because of the perception that they, as military officers, were a high-risk group. USAA has since expanded to offer banking and insurance services to past and present members of the Armed Forces, officers and enlisted, and their families. The company ranked No. 100 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.
What Types Of Car Insurance Coverage Options Does USAA Auto Insurance Offer?
Although we often talk about car insurance in the singular, it really includes several types of coverage options. USAA Auto Insurance offers the following types of car insurance coverage options:
- Bodily Injury Coverage: This insurance pays for your legal defense and for the costs associated with injuries to other people involved in an accident.
- Property Damage Coverage: Usually, this insurance will look after the property damage you cause to another vehicle or property when at fault in an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: The uninsured motorist rider covers the damages caused by a negligent driver who doesn’t have an insurance policy.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This covers the damages caused by a driver who is at-fault but whose liability limits don’t cover all the property damages and medical expenses of the accident.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is an optional policy that pays for the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. If you have an auto lease, the lender may require you buy collision insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage:If your vehicle is damaged in an event other than a collision, comprehensive coverage will pay for the cost of the repair. Covered events include storms, floods, fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments insurance covers for the medical costs caused by an accident regardless of who is at fault. Most insurance policies will also cover funeral expenses.
- Personal Injury Protection: Personal injury protection, also known as PIP, typically covers medical expenses, loss of essential services, funeral services, and loss of income. It is similar to medical payments coverage, or MedPay for short. The difference is that MedPay will only cover for reasonable medical expenses.
USAA Auto Insurance customers can also add the following riders or endorsements to their insurance policies:
- Accident Forgiveness: USAA offers accident forgiveness, which excuses your first accident. This means no insurance rate increase, even if it’s your fault.
- Transportation Network Company or ride-sharing coverage: Standard car insurance policies don’t provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft. This endorsement covers this gap.
- Modified Vehicle Insurance: This coverage, also known as customized parts and equipment coverage, can help repair or replace alterations and upgrades you make to your vehicle. Notice that most car insurance policies will only cover original equipment so you may want to consider this policy if you’ve invested a lot of money on aftermarket parts and upgrades.
- Rental Car Coverage: Rental car coverage, also known as rental car reimbursement, pays for the cost of a car rental if you can’t drive your vehicle because of a covered loss, such as a car accident, theft, or vandalism.
- Non-Owner Liability Coverage: This policy is designed for people who drive a vehicle they don’t own. It is also used by businesses who want to provide coverage for their employees when they use their personal vehicles for work. In some cases this endorsement will also cover rental vehicles.
- Loan / Lease / GAP Coverage: GAP coverage covers the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its current cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Emergency Roadside Service: Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
- Transport Trailer Coverage: This covers non-motorized trailers towed by a vehicle. If they are damaged or cause damages in an accident this policy will cover the costs.
- Mechanical Breakdown Coverage: If your vehicle is protected by mechanical breakdown insurance the costs of repairs (not including maintenance or normal wear and tear) are covered by your policy. However, you will need to obtain authorization from your insurance company first.
Does USAA Auto Insurance Have Roadside Assistance?
Emergency Roadside Service available. Yes, USAA offers roadside assistance to policyholders. Coverage varies by carrier but it typically includes jump starts for dead batteries, labor to change a flat tire, towing, and lockout services.
Does USAA Auto Insurance offer Ridesharing Insurance?
Ridesharing coverage available. : Yes, USAA Auto Insurance offers ridesharing insurance to policyholders as a rider or endorsement. Standard car insurance policies don’t provide coverage the moment you log into a TNC or a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft.
What Benefits Does USAA Auto Insurance Offer?
USAA Auto Insurance offers the following benefits to its customers:
- Local Agents: Perfect for people who prefer the personal touch of a local insurance agent.
- Free Policy Cancellation: No cancellation fees for ending your policy early.
- Digital Claims Reporting: Never fax or mail a document again.
- Mechanical / Auto Body Repair Network: Enjoy the competitive prices and peace of mind of having access to a network of service and repair shops.
What insurance Discounts Does USAA Auto Insurance Offer?
When you ask for an insurance quote with USAA Auto Insurance, make sure you ask for all the insurance discounts you qualify for. These are the insurance discounts currently available that are specific to car insurance.
- Anti-Lock Brake System: ABS technology reduces uncontrolled skids and insurance premiums. Most cars have them but it’s an insurance discount people often forget to ask for.
- Daytime Running Lights: This is an insurance discount you may not have heard of but it is becoming more commonplace. Daytime running lights make you more visible and to drivers and pedestrians, which reduces accidents.
- Internal Safety Features: USAA Auto Insurance offers additional savings if you have seatbelts, airbags, and similar safety features. Ask what other safety features on your car will trigger an inurance discount.
- Low Annual Mileage: If you don’t put many miles on your car (typically under 15,000 miles a year) you may qualify for an insurance discount.
- New Vehicle: If you buy a current year or previous year model, you will qualify for an insurance discount on your premium.
- Telematics Device (Usage-Based Insurance): You can qualify for an insurance discount if you agree to install a sensor that records your driving habits.
Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote – Ways To Pay USAA Auto Insurance
USAA allows policyholders to pay their premiums using the following methods:
- Automatic Payments
- Credit/Debit Card
How Does USAA Calculate Insurance Rates?
Car insurance companies guard their risk-assessment algorithms as a trade secret, and USAA is no exception. However, you can be confident that USAA Auto Insurance will take into consideration your driving record, age, gender, marital status, and address.
Other factors it will take into consideration are your vehicle (make and model), insurance history, and how you use your car.
Does USAA Auto Insurance Use Your Credit Score?
It is safe to assume that, when legal, a car insurance company will use your credit score as a rating factor. There are two exceptions.
- If you live in California, Hawaii, or Massachusetts, a car insurance company is not allowed to use your credit report as a rating factor.
- There are also a handful of car insurance companies that base their insurance rates exclusively on telematic data. These companies collect information on your driving behavior and use it to determine the risk you pose as a driver.
Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote – Is USAA Good For Life Insurance?
USAA life insurance earned 5 stars out of 5 for overall performance. InsuranceDiaries’s ratings are determined by our editorial team. The scoring formula takes into account complaint data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and financial strength ratings. Based on these ratings, USAA is among InsuranceDiaries’s Best Life Insurance Companies for 2021. Continue Reading
How To Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote
To Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote
- Visit the USAA website.
- Fill out the insurance online quote application form. You will typically need to provide personal information, such as your name, vehicle, driver’s license, and address.
- Check the information is accurate and submit your application.
You may also like: USAA.com Login – How To Login To USAA Insurance On USAA.com
Conclusion On How To Get USAA Auto Insurance Quote
One of the top things about USAA and their auto insurance is their experience in the field. The company has been around for nearly 100 years, and it serves customers in all states. It’s free to become a USAA member, and it comes with perks like free checking and savings accounts, free rewards debit cards, free checks, and free overdraft protection.
USAA auto insurance has various discounts, an accident forgiveness feature, and competitive terms and rates. Discounts are available for safe drivers, families, good students, and others. The company is also known for its great customer service and willingness to go the extra mile for customers.
Anyone who is a part of the military or married to someone who is will often find that USAA offers one of the best choices of auto insurance. It offers a variety of features, products, and discounts. However, some customers have had issues with limited roadside assistance and a slow claims process, which makes it important to shop around and consider all your options.