Greenlight is a company on a mission to shine a light on the world of money for kids and parents. The Greenlight card login portal and app were purpose-built for families. Parents get the tools they need to manage their kids’ money and invest for their kids’ futures. Kids get real-life lessons in earning, spending, saving, giving and investing.
Kids and parents log in to the same Greenlight app but have two different experiences. Parents manage money and set flexible controls while kids monitor their balances, set Savings Goals and research stocks. Make sure your child has their own login so they can get even more out of Greenlight.
This article contains general information regarding managing your Greenlight Card account. This article will help you open a Greenlight app account and set up your child’s login. This guide will help you understand everything you need to know about the Greenlight card, how and where to download the app. Keep in mind, though, that like this website, it only gives general information. It is not the law. It is not a regulation. It is not legal advice.
Below are the features and benefits of Greenlight.;
- Industry-best parental controls. Greenlight stands alone with its level of granularity into parental controls on spending and ATM withdrawals. No other card matches Greenlight with this level of insight and control.
- Investment platform. Greenlight has an investment platform integrated into its service and allows parents to approve every individual stock or ETF transaction.
- Parent-paid interest. Greenlight offers parents the ability to pay interest on savings goals set up by their kids, encouraging them to save and understand the value of compound returns.
- Savings rewards and interest. Greenlight provides savings rewards as interest (1% – 2%, depending on plan).
- Cash back. On the premium Greenlight Max product, kids can earn up to 1% cash back on their Greenlight card purchases.
- Flat monthly fee for up to five kids. Greenlight scales by having the ability to provide up to five kids with a card. Additional kids incur an additional monthly fee each.
- Real-time alerts and requests for spending and ATM withdrawals. The service provides real-time alerts for spending activity as well as in-app, real-time requests for additional funds needed in kids’ Spend Anywhere accounts.
- Chore and allowance management. The Greenlight app allows you to get a handle on chores and allowance through in-app assignment, tracking and assessment as well automated allowance payments. While we’d like manual approval prompts for allowance, some might find these automated payments as a feature so they won’t forget to send their kids money they’ve earned as an allowance.
The Greenlight card can be used almost anywhere Mastercard is accepted, online and in-store. “Almost,” because Greenlight cardholders are kids, and they’ve put important guardrails in place. Greenlight also works internationally in 150+ other countries, with no foreign transaction fees. No need to let them know if you travel abroad — you’ll have enough to remember.
How to Open Your Greenlight App Account
To open your Greenlight App account, you will need to get you started is some basic information.
- Your email address
- Your mobile phone number
- Your child’s/children’s name(s)
- Your legal first and last name
- Your physical address
- Your date of birth
- Your Social Security number (SSN).
- A valid debit card or bank account
- Apply for a Greenlight account
- On the landing page, enter your mobile phone number and click the “Get Started” button to submit
- Go to your phone to collect your confirmation code and enter it in the box labeled “Enter Confirmation Code” and click “Confirm Code“
- Create your account by entering your email address, creating your own password and selecting what your kids will call you. Click Next.
- Begin by entering your child’s name and mobile number (if they have one) and birthday. Click Next if you only have one child to add or Add another child if you have more than one to add. Do this for each child you wish to get a Greenlight card.
- Provide your personal information followed by accepting the Cardholder Agreement and hit Next.
- Finally, set up your funding source and submit your Greenlight application for verification and approval.
If you need any assistance in getting this setup, send Greenlight’s Customer Service a message at email@example.com, they’d be happy to help further!
How to Set Up Your Child’s Login
Your child can download the Greenlight app onto any app-enabled device, such as a cell phone, Kindle, iPad, or tablet, and use it to view their account, chores, and make requests. To log in, parents can set up a username and password for their child, no phone number required. While kids can log in with their phone number, kids without a phone can log in with a username and password set up in-app by their parent.
After the app is downloaded onto your child’s device, you’ll just need to enable their app access. You can enable access by following these steps:
1) Log into your Greenlight app.
2) Choose the child that you’d like to enable app usage.
3) Tap “Edit profile” in the top right-hand corner of your child’s dashboard to open their Profile settings.
4) Tap “Profile.”
5) Enter a username and password for your child. You can also add your child’s phone number and email.
6) Tap “Save.”
7) Your child can now use these credentials on their device to log into the child version of the Greenlight app.
If your child doesn’t have a device of their own, you can also log out of your Greenlight app and have them log in using their username and password.
How To Download The Greenlight App Kids
Whether your child has a smart phone or not, they can download the Greenlight app onto any app-enabled device, such as a cell phone, iPad, or tablet and use it to view their account, chores, and make requests. Kids cannot access your Parent’s Wallet or funding source with their account. They can only see their user dashboard.
The Greenlight app is available to download within the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon App Store. Reading this article on desktop? Just scan the QR code below with your child’s device to get the app.
Note: Greenlight is constantly releasing new features and app improvements, so it’s important to keep your app up-to-date to make sure you are able to access all that Greenlight has to offer your family!
How To Contact Greenlight’s Customer Service
The quickest way to reach Greenlight’s customer service department comes from accessing the Help section in the mobile application. This allows you to send a customer service inquiry through chat.
You can also reach Greenlight’s Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call them by phone at (888) 483-2645 or by text at (404) 974-3024. You can get in touch to ask questions related to your account, ordering a replacement card and more.