HealthCare.gov (Spanish: CuidadodeSalud.gov) is a health insurance exchange website operated under the United States federal government under the provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA, often referred to simply as ‘ACA’ or ‘Obamacare‘), which currently serves the residents of the U.S. states which have opted not to create their own state exchanges. We answered faqs, also provide tutorial to enable you access the Healthcare gov Login portal.
The exchange facilitates the sale of private health insurance plans to residents of the United States and offers subsidies to those who earn between one and four times the federal poverty line, but not to those earning less than the federal poverty line. The website also assists those persons who are eligible to sign up for Medicaid, and has a separate marketplace for small businesses.
Healthcare gov Login: How To Login To Your Marketplace Acc.
To log in to your Marketplace account, you’ll need your username and password. If you forgot them or can’t log in, follow these steps.
To Login to Healthcare.gov Login portal
- Go to https://www.healthcare.gov/login
- Enter your username
- Enter your password
- Click login
healthcare gov login – Why can’t I log into HealthCare gov?
If you’re having trouble using HealthCare.gov, you may want to “clear” your cache and cookies. Visit your browser’s “settings” (sometimes called “options,” “preferences,” or “Internet options”). The settings to clear your cache and cookies are usually under “history,” “privacy,” or “safety.”
Healthcare gov Login – How To Reset Your Password
- Select the “Forgot your password?” link on the log in page and follow the instructions.
- Can’t remember the email address you used to set up your account? See what to do here.
- Correct password not working? Healthcare.gov occasionally need to reset passwords to protect your personal information. If you’re sure you entered it correctly but it’s not working, select the “Forgot your password?” link on the log in page and follow the instructions.
Forgot your username
- If you created your account after February 2014, your username is probably your email address. If you created it before then, it’s probably not.
- Here are the requirements for usernames:
- It must be between 5-74 characters
- It can include letters and numbers
- It can contain one of these symbols, as long as it’s not the last character in the username: _ . @ / –
- If you still can’t remember, select the “Forgot your username?” link on the log in page and follow the directions.
If you forgot the answers to your security questions
- When you created your account, you selected security questions that only you know the answers to. If you forget your password or username, we’ll ask you these questions.
- If you can’t remember the answers, contact the Marketplace Call Center to unlock your account. After we verify who you are, we’ll send a password reset email within 24 hours.
More answers: Account access
What should I do if I can’t remember the email address I used when I created my account?
- It may not be the email account you use regularly. See if you kept a record of that email address and password.
- If you can’t access the email account, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
What should I do if I’ve tried everything but still can’t access my account?
- Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Make sure you have your username. Healthcare.gov may ask for your full name, date of birth, and two more pieces of information — like your Social Security Number, application ID number, full address, or phone number — to verify who you are.