You’ll likely be asked to apply for a Nordstrom Credit Card the next time you’re at the register. This card offers to double the points earned by non-cardholding Nordy Club members. And if you send more than $5,000 annually at Nordstrom, you’ll begin earning 3 points per dollar. In addition, the current welcome bonus note when you open an account and make a purchase on the same day, could make this an appealing offer.
Like most store credit cards, the Nordstrom Credit Card can be used for purchases at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Nordstrom Trunk Club. Nordstrom also offers Nordstrom Visa Credit Card that can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
Nordstrom offers three different credit cards: a regular store retail card, Visa Signature, and Visa Platinum. Briefly here’s how they are different from each other:
1: Retail card: You can only use this card at Nordstrom stores. You get 2x points per dollar spent.
2: Visa Platinum: You can use this card anywhere Visa is accepted. You still get 2x points per dollar spent at Nordstrom stores, and 1 point everywhere else.
3: Visa Signature: It works the same way as the Platinum, but you get special Visa Signature benefits. These include travel promotions and preferred access to events.
A Nordstrom credit card is right for you if: You want early access to Nordstrom’s anniversary sale or you shop at Nordstrom often and want to earn rewards there.
Pros of Nordstrom Credit Card
- Earn $40 Bonus Note given for applying and using a Nordstrom credit card on the day of approval
- Receive at least 3 personal double points day
- Free two-day shipping for card members
Cons of Nordstrom Credit Card
- All points expire if you have no account activity for a year
- Using your Nordstrom Visa card outside of Nordstrom reduces your rewards to 1 point per dollar
- Free shipping is limited to certain metro areas and only if merchandise is in stock near you
How To Apply For a Nordstrom Credit Card Online
To obtain a Nordstrom credit card, apply in one of two ways: online or in person. Before you apply, check your credit report to ensure it’s error-free so it will not negatively impact your approval process:
To apply online, follow these steps:
- You will need your Social Security number and a form of ID such as a driver’s license, state ID, passport, green cards or military ID.
- Visit the Nordstrom credit application page and click “Apply Now.”
- Fill out the Nordstrom credit card application with the details of your current income and date of birth.
- Review the disclosures and click “Agree and Apply.” You will receive a $40 bonus Nordstrom Notes certificate to spend once approved.
How To Apply for a Nordstrom Credit Card In-Person
You also have the option to apply in person by following these steps:
- Find your closest Nordstrom store using Nordstrom’s online store locator.
- Bring your chosen form of ID.
- The application will require your Social Security number, income information and date of birth.
- Fill out the Nordstrom credit card paper application found at customer service or near a cash register.
Upon approval, you will receive a $40 Nordstrom Notes bonus if you spend at least $100 on that day. After you use your Nordstrom credit card, you can conveniently pay online each month, or set up autopay either online or via Nordstrom’s paper enrollment form.
1: What is the credit limit for a Nordstrom credit card? Credit limits for Nordstrom credit cards vary quite a bit and can range from $300 to well over $10,000. When your application is approved, the card issuer sets a credit limit based on your income, credit history, and other financial information.
2: Where can I use a Nordstrom credit card? You can use the Nordstrom Visa® credit card anywhere Visa is accepted. But the Nordstrom retail credit card can only be used at Nordstrom and its other brands (Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom Trunk Club, and HauteLook).
3: Does a Nordstrom credit card build credit? Yes, a Nordstrom credit card can build credit. TD Bank, the card issuer, reports activity to the three consumer credit bureaus. When you consistently make on-time payments, this positive activity can improve your credit score.