Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States, supplying tools, construction products, and services. The company is headquartered in incorporated Cobb County, Georgia, with an Atlanta mailing address. Learn how to apply For Home Depot Credit Card with the help of this post.
In this article, we’ll share tips to help you to apply and get approved for Home Depot Credit Card and also knowing your Credit Limit For Home Depot Card is really important because it used to describe how much you can charge on your Home Depot Card.
Credit limits determine how much you can spend using your credit cards and serve as a way for lenders to limit the risk of lending money. Having high credit limits can be a good thing, because it gives you the flexibility to spend money when you need to — and it may help you maintain good credit scores. Know more about Credit Limit For Home Depot Card
How Does Home Depot Credit Card Work?
Home improvement isn’t cheap, but sometimes it becomes a “must do” instead of a “want to.” When that’s the case, a credit card from Home Depot might be just the ticket, especially for emergencies that come with a high price tag.
Home Depot offers a variety of credit cards, including consumer cards and company cards. On the consumer side, Home Depot offers its consumer credit card that can be used by individuals at its stores. This card comes with six months of 0% financing for a purchase of $299 or
Home Depot also offers commercial cards for contractors and businesses. Its commercial cards include a commercial revolving charge card and a commercial account (due in full each month). Home Depot’s credit cards are issued by Citibank.
- Home Depot offers two credit cards for consumers.
- The basic Home Depot credit card offers a promotional 0% interest rate; after that, the annual percentage rate (APR) ranges from 17.99% to 26.99%.
- Home Depot also offers a project loan credit card, which functions more like a line of credit, with a finite amount of time to pay back a balance as high as $55,000
Rewards and Benefits
The Home Depot consumer credit card offers an initial zero-percent interest rate for six months on purchases above $299. As of February 2021, Home Depot is also offering various rewards to consumers, including discounts and statement credit for certain purchases.
In particular, Home Depot is offering free stain and 5% statement credit for certain pergolas and pavilions, as well as up to $500 off and 5% statement credit for particular sheds and garages. Know more about Home Depot Rewards and Benefits
Features Of Home Depot Credit Card
This card is geared toward individuals who make fairly regular medium-sized purchases and can benefit from special financing.
Advertised benefits of this card are:
- 6 months financing on purchases of $299+
- Up to 24 months financing during special promotions
- Special discount offers
- 1-year no-hassle returns (4x longer than a non-cardmember)
- $0 liability on unauthorized charges
Citibank also gives you the ability to see if you pre-qualify for this card without impacting your credit score.
Home Depot Credit Card Requirements
Here are the requirements to get a Home Depot card:
- Credit score requirement: Minimum 640-699 credit score (fair credit).
- Age requirement: Must be at least 18 years old.
- Residency requirement: Must be a U.S resident.
- Basic application info: Includes full name, address, phone number, Social Security number and birthdate.
Steps For Getting Approved For a Home Depot Card
Being approved for any credit card isn’t guaranteed, even if you are pre-qualified. Lenders still need to evaluate other factors such as your income, for example before final approval. Here are some Tips For Getting Approved For a Home Depot Card:
- Get a copy of your credit report and make sure there are no errors.
- Contact the credit bureau to dispute any errors, and check your credit report again before reapplying.
- Apply for a secured credit card, which requires a deposit, to build positive credit history if you still can’t get approved.
- Reapply for the Home Depot card once your report reflects positive credit history.
A credit card rejection doesn’t mean you’ll never get approved. Instead, find out what’s blocking the approval and take steps to correct it, so you can get the credit card you want.
How To Apply For Home Depot Credit Card
Although you can apply for a Home Depot card in stores, the easier way is to visit their website. Assuming you meet the credit requirements stated above, Home Depot’s credit issuer, Citibank, will issue a card within 10 days.
Follow these directions for how to correctly apply for a Home Depot credit card so that you can improve your chances of getting approved:
- Visit the Home Depot’s online credit center and find the Home Depot consumer credit card offer.
- Click the orange “Apply Now” button to access the online credit card application.
- Fill out the online application. Provide your full name, email address, street address, phone number, financial information, Social Security number and date of birth.
- Read the account terms and details, and then check the agreement box.
- Click the orange “Submit Application” button to process your application.
- Once approved, you’ll get an online confirmation noting your credit limit.
- Take the confirmation to your nearest Home Depot store to receive your temporary card information and a $25 coupon to use for a Home Depot purchase of $25 or more. The coupon is good for 30 days.
How To Contact Home Depot Customer Service For Further Enquiries
Customer Questions: Click here or call 1-800-HOME-DEPOT (1-800-466-3337)
Applicant Questions: For questions from careers.homedepot.com, please call 1-866-698-4347 Applicant Questions