I don’t know why you want to know How To Close Green Dot Account Online but whatever maybe your reason, this post got you covered.
You may want To Close Green Dot Account Online because there are problems with your account, or you’d like to move to a different bank. You may not want to leave the banking system entirely, but have a reason for closing your account.
Reasons Why You Might Want To Close Your Green Dot Account Online
Here are some common reasons for closing a bank account.
1. Poor Customer Service: There’s nothing like some terrible customer service to put you off from a service provider, especially when ill customer treatment seems to be a regular occurrence. Or maybe the customer service at your bank isn’t awful, but just isn’t great or very personable.
Banks today have become giant corporations where a customer can go into a bank and never meet with the same person twice. This can create a level of disconnect between employees and their customers and thus foster negative and impersonal relationships between you and your bank.
2. Becoming Unbanked: A new form of financing has arisen and it’s called being unbanked. For a lot of people, banks are the command central of all their financial needs, but for an increasing number of Americans, banks have become unnecessary and costly.
Dealing with their finances entirely outside of the banking system has become an easier and safer way to deal with their money. Being unbanked also helps them avoid dealing with the overbearing costs they would experience inside the banking system.
3. Availability: If you’re moving, there might actually be one other thing on your already giant to-do list—switching banks.
Not all banks exist everywhere, so if you’re moving there’s a potential your bank isn’t going to be in your new area and doing all of your banking online or via mail doesn’t always work.
4: The open hours of most banks can be rather inconvenient. Banks often close at 5 pm meaning that if you need to cash a check on a weekday, but you work normal business hours, you’re out of luck.
However, alternative financial services provide extended business hours during the weekday so you don’t run into this problem. A different bank may also have more convenient hours than your current bank does.
5. Requirements and Fees: You might need to leave your bank because the minimum requirements or fees aren’t something you can keep up with, or are too much for you.
If you can’t manage the minimum required amounts for your bank account or the frequent fees to keep and maintain it, then it may be time to say goodbye.
Bank account fees can be high and unpredictable. Some banks charge fees to do a few transactions a day, to open an account, for overdrafts, and even fees just to hold an account at their bank.
Many people are just tired of spending extra money because of their bank account fees, and others just can’t afford to have any surprise, extra expenses like that.
6: Switching Banks: Sometimes you want to leave a bank or credit union in favor of a new one.
It’s a good idea to go bank shopping a bit, doing your research and reading the terms and conditions of each bank option before settling on which one will work best for you and your lifestyle.
But there are many valid reasons to not have a bank account. There are many forms of financial well-being in the world today, and not everyone handles their financial affairs in the same way.
What works for some may not work for others, so it’s important to be mindful of all your options and do your finances in the way that works best for you. Sometimes this is going to include whether you are banked or unbanked, and what bank you use. If you need to know How To Close Green Dot Account Online just follow the steps below.
Read More: How To Change Green Dot Password
How To Close Green Dot Account Online
There are 3 ways to close your account. Log into your account at using the Green Dot app and select Settings, Manage Card, Close your Account. Or log into your account at GreenDot.com and select Security, Close your Account to see your options:
1) Spend down your balance to $0 – If there is money in your account, use your card to make purchases in stores and online or withdraw money from ATMs nationwide. Your account will close when your balance reaches $0.
2) Pick up cash (if your balance is at least $22.50) – Use a barcode generated on your phone to pick up cash at Walmart. $2.50 – $5.00 retail service fee applies and will be deducted from the cash balance.
3) Get a refund check – The check will be sent to your address on file within 14 days of closing your account. You won’t have access to your funds after a check has been issued.
Once you close your account, you can view your account statements and transaction history at GreenDot.com, but you will no longer be able to access your account using the Green Dot app.
Still need help? Contact Customer Support at (866) 795-7597 for additional assistance.