How To Fix Flagstar Bank App Not Working
Is your Flagstar Bank App Not Working? If yes, then you dont have anything to worry about because you have to the final solution. In this post we are going to share with you the possible reasons behind Flagstar Bank App Not Working and off course provide possible solution to it.
Flagstar Mobile is available for Android and iPhone smart phones. You can use your online banking username and password to log in.
Reasons Why Flagstar Bank App Not Working
There are several reasons behind Flagstar Bank App Not Working.
Maybe the App is in under maintenance or the server is down. Other then this, there are some other common issues that can interrupt your service.
But the most common problem is Flagstar Bank App is not opening or transactions is not initiating. This can be a real problem, for obvious reasons, especially for those who use it daily.
If you are facing trouble while accessing your Flagstar Bank App, read on. You will find a number of fixes for this.
You may also want to know How To Make Your Flagstar Mortgage Payment
Solution To Flagstar Bank App Not Working
Below are the most common solution which may help to access your Flagstar Bank App.
- Wait for some time because the app may be in maintenance mode.
- May be the server is down, so wait for some time.
- Check Your Internet Connection.
There are different ways to clear your device cache which can likely be the reason why your banking app is not working. You can install a mobile optimization app to remove your app caches and improve the device performance. Also, you can clear applications cache from the device settings menu.
See Also: Flagstar Mortgage Login Steps
How To Fix Flagstar Bank App Not Working
Here are some steps you can take to get Flagstar Bank App again.
1. Force Close the App
First, if you’re stuck in the app, force close it to get out. This means you’ll have to shut it down completely instead of just backing out and letting it run in the background.
- Open up the ‘recent applications’ menu by hitting the leftmost button at the very bottom of the screen. A slideshow of all your currently running apps will pop up. Scroll left to right until you find Flagstar app and close it by swiping the app up. If you’d like to close all your apps at once, just tap the ‘close all’ button.
- If you have an iPhone X or more recent model, you can reach the ‘recent applications’ menu by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, and then pausing when you reach the middle. If you have an iPhone 8 or earlier model, you just have to double-tap the home button.
- Scroll side to side to find the Flagstar app, then swipe it up to shut it down.
2. Check for outages
Now that you’re out of the app, check online for any service outages or maintenance. You can do this by checking Flagstar’s official Twitter account, the company’s Facebook page, or sites such as Is It Down Right Now.
If the servers are down, then there’s not much you can do about the app until it’s fixed by Flagstar Bank.
3. Look for Updates
Sometimes apps won’t work until they’ve been updated, but updates won’t download and install until a certain time of the day.
Look for Flagstar in the App Store or Google Play and check for an update. If one of the buttons on the store page says ‘update,’ then that means there’s one pending that hasn’t been installed yet. Click ‘update’ to go ahead and get it done instead of waiting for the auto-update.
4. Clear the Data Cache
The app’s data cache is a storage of user information that allows Flagstar to quickly load your settings and preferences. But if that data somehow becomes corrupted by a bad save or an error, it can mess up and freeze your app. Clearing the cache can set that straight by giving the phone and the app a blank slate to work with.
- Tap on the ‘Apps’ menu listed in your settings. Find and select the Flagstar app, then select ‘storage’. When you’re in the storage, hit ‘clear cache’ to delete the data on your phone. This won’t delete the app or your account, just the saved data.
- Try to access the settings in your Flagstar app for an option to reset your cache. If your app keeps freezing, or the option doesn’t exist, then you’ll need to skip this step and head straight to uninstalling.
5. Delete and Reinstall
Deleting the app will fix any problems that might’ve happened during the initial install or any updates. Look for the Flagstar icon on your phone. Tap and hold it until an ‘uninstall’ or ‘delete’ option comes up, then go ahead and uninstall it.
Head back into the App Store or Google Play to reinstall it and, hopefully, fix any issues with crashing. If you’re still having problems, you might want to contact Flagstar for additional solutions.
How To Contact Flagstar Bank Customer Service
Customers can get a hold of Flagstar Bank’s customer service by phone, chat, email, or going to a brick-and-mortar location.
There’s 24/7 voice phone banking (1-888-248-6423), and you can talk to a human on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST and on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. If you prefer to email with an inquiry or a question, there’s a contact form on Flagstar’s website.