Zipcar app not working for you maybe due to some issues that your device may have or your internet connection problem. If you believe that Zipcar app has an issue, please read this article carefully for final solution.
Why Is Zipcar App Not Working?
There are several reasons behind Zipcar App Not Working.
Maybe the Zipcar App is in under maintenance or the server is down. Other than this, there are some other common issues that can interrupt your service.
But the most common problem is Zipcar App is not opening or transactions is not initiating. This can be a real problem, for obvious reasons, especially for those who use it daily.
If you are facing trouble while accessing Zipcar App read on. You will find a number of fixes for this. Below are the most common solution which may help to access Zipcar App.
- Wait for some time because the app may be in maintenance mode.
- May be the server is down, so wait for some time.
- Check Your Internet Connection.
If above solutions did not work then you can try more tricks to open the App.
See Also: Solution to Can’t Activate Netspend Card
How to Fix Zipcar App Not Working
Here are some steps you can take to get Zipcar working again.
1. Force close the app
First, if you’re stuck in the app, force close it to get out. This means you’ll have to shut it down completely instead of just backing out and letting it run in the background.
- Open up the ‘recent applications’ menu by hitting the leftmost button at the very bottom of the screen. A slideshow of all your currently running apps will pop up. Scroll left to right until you find Zipcar and close it by swiping the app up. If you’d like to close all your apps at once, just tap the ‘close all’ button.
- If you have an iPhone X or more recent model, you can reach the ‘recent applications’ menu by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, and then pausing when you reach the middle. If you have an iPhone 8 or earlier model, you just have to double-tap the home button.
- Scroll side to side to find the Zipcar app, then swipe it up to shut it down.
2. Check for outages
Now that you’re out of the app, check online for any service outages or maintenance. You can do this by checking Zipcar’s official Twitter account, the company’s Facebook page, or sites such as Is It Down Right Now.
If the servers are down, then there’s not much you can do about the app until it’s fixed by Zipcar.
3. Look for updates
Sometimes apps won’t work until they’ve been updated, but updates won’t download and install until a certain time of the day.
Look for Zipcar in the App Store or Google Play and check for an update. If one of the buttons on the store page says ‘update,’ then that means there’s one pending that hasn’t been installed yet. Click ‘update’ to go ahead and get it done instead of waiting for the auto-update.
4. Clear the data cache
The app’s data cache is a storage of user information that allows Zipcar to quickly load your settings and preferences. But if that data somehow becomes corrupted by a bad save or an error, it can mess up and freeze your app. Clearing the cache can set that straight by giving the phone and the app a blank slate to work with.
- Tap on the ‘Apps’ menu listed in your settings. Find and select the Zipcar app, then select ‘storage’. When you’re in the storage, hit ‘clear cache’ to delete the data on your phone. This won’t delete the app or your account, just the saved data.
- Try to access the settings in your Zipcar app for an option to reset your cache. If your app keeps freezing, or the option doesn’t exist, then you’ll need to skip this step and head straight to uninstalling.
5. Delete and reinstall
Deleting the app will fix any problems that might’ve happened during the initial install or any updates. Look for the Zipcar icon on your phone. Tap and hold it until an ‘uninstall’ or ‘delete’ option comes up, then go ahead and uninstall it.