Learn how to sign up for Truist Online Banking in order to Manage finances and pay bills on your schedule with Online Banking. Managing your finances is easy with virtually 24-hour access to your accounts. SunTrust Online Banking lets you view balances, transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks and update your profile from anywhere—whenever it’s convenient for you.
If you own and manage a business, you may not have the time to visit the bank to deposit checks, pay bills or transfer funds between accounts. Truist’s online banking service provides you with a variety of time-saving services, including access to up to 18 months of your transaction history and the ability to directly deposit money into a client or customer’s account. If you have a Truist checking account or credit card, you can access online banking on SunTrust’s website.
Important Notice: SunTrust is now Truist. If you’re new to SunTrust, use Truist.com to see what’s new and to open accounts. That way you’ll be one step ahead when all SunTrust accounts move to Truist in 2022. If you already have SunTrust accounts, please keep using SunTrust.com to manage those accounts or to open new ones. You’ll have a better banking experience today, and a better transition to Truist in February 2022.
Online Features Of Truist Online Banking
Take advantage of these features and you’ll be just a click away from gaining your financial confidence.
1: Pay and Transfer: Transfer funds between your SunTrust accounts, to and from your accounts at other banks or Send Money with Zelle.
Save yourself a trip to the bank—transfer money anytime, day or night.
Pay and Transfer in Online Banking allows you to transfer money quickly and securely between your SunTrust accounts. Transfer funds between eligible internal or external accounts, send money to friends and family or pay SunTrust bills securely through Online Banking.
2: Pay Bills: Take away the hassle of paying your one-time or ongoing bills. With Suntrust Online Banking, you can set it up. Once set up, pay bills in one place with one password in just a few clicks.
These Bill Pay features put you in control and help you stay organized:
- Pay bills from one secure website with one password
- Save money—no more stamps, checks or envelopes
- Pick the payment date that works best for you—like payday
- Make payments to any Company or Person with a U.S. mailing address
- Choose the amount and frequency—choose one-time, recurring or auto pay options
- Get electronic versions of your paper bills with eBills and eliminate the biggest cause of fraud
- View payment activity—up to 24 months of payments or six months of eBills
- Protect against unauthorized transactions and late fees with the SunTrust Bill Pay Guarantee
- Set reminders for bills and eBills
- Reduce paper clutter and manage your finances more efficiently
3: Online Statements: Stay organized, reduce paper clutter and lower the risk of identity theft with 18 months of account statements securely stored online. Paperless statements are available for SunTrust personal checking, savings, money market, credit card, and mortgage accounts.
With Paperless Statements, you can:
- Reduce identity theft risk
- Save statements for easy, safe recordkeeping
- Track account history for up to 7 years
- Eliminate storing or shredding paper statements
- View transactions quickly and securely
- Good for the environment
How To Sign Up For Truist Online Banking
To Sign Up For Suntrust Online Banking, you’ll need your account number, ZIP code, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number to enroll. From the Truist bank login page, you will see an Online Banking Sign On box in the upper left corner of the page. Next to “Don’t have an online user ID?” click on “Register now“
Clicking on “Register Now” will take you to the Truist Online Banking Enrollment page where you will get started by selecting one of the following enrollment options: Small business account or Personal account.
Entering Identifying Details: The identifying information you must supply on the next page depends on the option you selected. If you chose to register using your account details, enter your account number, the account type, your Social Security number and zip code.
If you’re using your ATM or check card, enter the card number and PIN and your Social Security number. To register with your credit card, enter the number, security code, expiration date, Social Security number and zip code. Click “Continue Enrollment” to go on to the next page.
Complete the Registration
Enter the information required on the next page. Truist Bank will send you an access code via email that you can use to sign in to the online banking module. Follow the instructions contained in the message to verify and complete your enrollment. If you don’t receive this email, call the bank to have a representative resend it.
Call 1-800-382-3232 to speak to a Truist representative if you have questions about registering for online banking or you’re having some difficulty doing so. You can also call 1-800-SunTrust with general questions. If you don’t have an account with the bank, you can open one online. You must have one to access online banking. You can apply for different accounts such as personal checking, savings, money market and CDs, loans and lines of credit. Applications for other types of accounts are available at the bank.
Truist Bank Login Steps
Truist Bank has an easy to use platform that enables customers to conveniently login into their online accounts. Just like other online accounts, you will need your login details. However, after signing up for Truist Online Banking, you will obtain a username and password or if you already have an online account just follow the steps here to securely log in tp your account.
How To Protect Your Truist Online Banking Accounts From Fraud
SunTrust has developed a number of online and offline security measures to help protect you and your identity. In addition to using advanced security technologies, such as encryption, firewalls and virus protection, they employ teams of security experts focused solely on fraud protection and identity theft prevention.
You also play a critical role in keeping your personal and account information safe. Find simple but important fraud and identity theft prevention tips below.
Account protection and security goes beyond what SunTrust can do alone. It happens when their clients play an active role in helping them stop fraud before it starts. Use the simple checklist below to see how your current accounts’ security measures up.
SunTrust will never send unsolicited emails or text messages asking you to provide, update or verify personal information, such as passwords, Social Security numbers, PINs, credit or check card confidential information.
SunTrust Security Checklist
- Create strong and unique usernames and passwords for each account (don’t reuse usernames and passwords at multiple sites and avoid containing characters from your email, phone number or other personally identifiable information).
- Update your contact information via Mobile or Online Banking to ensure SunTrust can contact you in case of suspicious activity
- Download the SunTrust Mobile App to enable push alerts to your mobile device
- Sign up for Account and Transaction alerts via email or text
- Ensure anti-virus, operating systems, and apps are up to date
- Register for Experian’s IDNotifyTM service (free for SunTrust clients) to provide added protection and visibility
- Request and review a free copy of your credit report every 12 months via annualcreditreport.com
- Be wary of suspicious messages, links and requests for personal information
- Go Paperless (sign up for e-statements)
- Use trusted methods of payment within SunTrust Mobile and Online Banking (Online and Mobile Bill Pay, Zelle for paying family and friends)
- Notify SunTrust before you travel (travel advisory) through Mobile or Online Banking, or by calling 800.SUNTRUST