We have made it super easy to turn off DriveEasy by GEICO subscription at the root to avoid any and all mediums “GEICO” (the developer) uses to bill you. Now let us get into the crux of this guide on How To Turn Off Geico Drive Easy.
Why Did GEICO Create The DriveEasy Program?
DriveEasy is GEICO’s telematics program that grades and reports your driving behavior back to GEICO. Drive safely (slow braking, slow turning, fewer late-night drives) and GEICO will reward you with up to a 20% discount on your premium.
The DriveEasy App looks just as polished as the official GEICO App and deserves kudos for not requiring an OBD-II dongle like its competitors. Unfortunately, the program is currently only available to policyholders in Connecticut and Pennsylvania, but when it becomes more widespread I think it could rival the best telematics programs out there.
There are a few things you must know about turning off subscriptions. They include the following:
- Once you subscribe to a plan and you don’t cancel it manually like you subscribed, that plan will renew automatically because you gave the permission.
- When you subscribe for a trial period and then you cancel, you run the risk of losing that trial content altogether.
- You must remember to manually cancel a subscription 24 hours before the trial period ends.
We have made it super easy to cancel DriveEasy by GEICO subscription at the root to avoid any and all mediums “GEICO” (the developer) uses to bill you. Now let us get into the crux of this guide.
How To Turn Off Geico Drive Easy on your iPhone or iPad.
- First, open the settings app and tap on your name.
- Then, tap on the “Subscriptions” tab.
(Note that you might not automatically see this tab. In that case, tap on iTunes & Appstore)
- Next, tap on your Apple ID. View Apple ID then sign in and scroll down to the “Subscriptions” button.
- Next, tap on DriveEasy (subscription) you want to review.
- Now, Tap on Cancel.
(Note that if you don’t see a “Cancel Subscription” button for DriveEasy by GEICO, then it’s definitely canceled already. It won’t be renewed anymore).
How To Turn Off Geico Drive Easy on your Android device
To cancel DriveEasy subscription on Android, you need to realize that deleting the DriveEasy app alone won’t cut it. Follow the steps below:
- First, open the Google Play Store. If you have multiple Google accounts, be sure you’re signed into the right one.
- Click on menu, then go to “Subscriptions”.
- Choose the DriveEasy by GEICO subscription you wish to cancel and tap on the “Cancel Subscription” option.
- Finish up as directed.
Once your DriveEasy subscription has been removed from Google Play, your future subscriptions will be cancelled and won’t be renewed anymore.
How to Turn Off DriveEasy by GEICO Subscription on a Mac computer.
To cancel DriveEasy subscription on your Mac, do the following:
- First open the Mac App Store, then click on your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click on the “View Information” tab at the top of the window and sign in if asked to do so.
- Scroll down on the next page shown to you until you see the “Subscriptions” tab then click on “Manage”.
- Click “Edit” beside the DriveEasy by GEICO app and then click on “Cancel Subscription”.
Note: Always make sure to use the exact username and ID you used to set up the subscription to manage that subscription when necessary. This is sometimes different from the Apple ID or Android brand ID you have set up.
If you don’t remember your password however, contact the App for help/to reset password.
How To Turn Off Geico Drive Easy on Paypal.
To cancel your DriveEasy subscription on PayPal, do the following:
- First log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.com .
- Click on the settings tab which is beside the logout option.
- Press “Payments” from the menu provided to you and click on “Manage Automatic Payments” in the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- You’ll be shown a series of merchants’ agreement you’ve transacted before. Click on “DriveEasy by GEICO” to cancel.
- You will be shown a confirmation page. Click on the “Cancel Automatic Payments” tab to affirm that you want to stop making payments to DriveEasy by GEICO.
- Then click “Done” on the verification page to complete the unsubscription.
What to do if your subscribed directly on DriveEasy’s website?
Here’s how to cancel your DriveEasy subscription when billed through a payments provider that is not the Appstore, Playstore or Paypal.
Sometimes, you may start a subscription directly on a company’s website without using an extra layer of security like Paypal or Apple. To unsubscribe, you might have to sign into DriveEasy by GEICO’s website or directly reach out to the payments provider.
Generally, here are two steps you can take if you find yourself in that fix:
- Finding the company’s information, then reaching out.
- If the company has an app they developed in the Appstore, you can try contacting GEICO (the app developer) for help through the details of the app.