Your time and your health are important. Make them both a priority. When you’re a registered member on kp.org and receive care at Kaiser Permanente facilities, you get a one-stop resource for managing your health online — 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, the Kaiser Permanente Login portal is an online portal that you can access anytime, from anywhere, to:
- View most lab results
- Refill most prescriptions
- Email your doctor’s office with nonurgent questions
- Schedule and cancel routine appointments
- Print vaccination records for school, sports, and camp
- Manage a family member’s health care†
Please note that you have to attentively read this article till the end in order to learn how to register for Kaiser Permanente online access, learn how to sign in and manage your account on the Kaiser Permanente online portal. Keep in mind, though, that like this website, it only gives general information for everyone. It is not the law. It is not a regulation. It is not legal advice.
What is Kaiser Permanente?
Kaiser Permanente has been providing high-quality health care and coverage for more than 75 years. By connecting care with coverage, Kaiser Permanente pioneered a new model for health care, where things are designed to work together — and help their members thrive. Their care model enables their teams to think and work as one, coordinating your care seamlessly, so you don’t have to — and delivering better care when it matters most.
When you’re a Kaiser Permanente member, your whole care team is connected — to you, and to each other — through your electronic health record. Every visit is captured, so your doctor can use your health history to inform your care. If you need to see a specialist, they’ll have important information about your health before they even meet you in person. And when you fill a new prescription, your pharmacist can make sure it’s safe to take with your other medications.
This enables them to deliver the right care faster — and help members avoid unnecessary visits, serious health conditions, and sleepless nights.
With kp.org, you can use online tools to manage your care and get the most from your health plan:
- Schedule your appointments online
- Send nonurgent questions to your doctor’s office
- View health information and features on behalf of your child and other family members
- Get follow-up information for you past visits
- Order a new or extra ID card for yourself or a family member
- Update your profile to stay informed about health issues
- View a summary of your assessment or take one now
How To Register on kp.org
Start using kp.org secure website to manage your health anytime, anywhere
Because you’re a Kaiser Permanente member, kp.org is your connection to great health and great care. When you register, you can securely access many timesaving tools and resources to help you stay on top of your health. Follow the steps below to create an account if you’re a current or former member or have received care at a Kaiser Permanente facility and want to receive your medical records.
If you are a new user, you must register before you can sign in. To register on kp.org kindly go to https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/washington/register/member-registration and follow the instructions below.
- Select your area of care.
- Enter your Health/Medical Record number as it appears on your Kaiser Permanente ID card.
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your last name.
- Enter your date of birth in this format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- Click on “Continue”
- Kantime Medicare Login: How To Access Your Account Online
- Soonercare Login: How To Manage Your Account And Benefits
- Covered California Login: How To Access Your Account Online
Kaiser Permanente Login Steps
If you already have a Kaiser Permanente online account, you may access it at any time. It’s simple to go into your online account, and you’ll need your login information. You may also use your account to View most lab results, Refill most prescriptions, Email your doctor’s office with nonurgent questions, Schedule and cancel routine appointments, Print vaccination records for school, sports, and camp Manage a family member’s health care†.
Step 1: Go the Kaiser Permanente login page: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/consumer-sign-on
Step 2: Upon reaching the login page, provide your User ID followed by your password in the blank spaces below and then press “Sign In”. If the particulars entered are correct you will also be taken to your account dashboard.
NOTE: The secure Kaiser Permanente Login portal is for participating Kaiser Permanente members who have register on kp.org. If you are a new member and doesn’t have online account, follow the instructions above to register on kp.org.
Help signing in
You must register before you can sign in. If you completed registration and need help signing in;
- Make sure you are entering your correct member ID number and password. Your ID number is on your member card. Your password is case-sensitive.
- Not sure you’re using the right password? If you’re having problems signing in with your password or think you’ve forgotten it, reset your password or call Website & Mobile app Support at 1-888-874-1620.
- If you’re having problems remembering your user ID, You can reset it here or call Website & Mobile app Support at 1-888-874-1620.
- If you haven’t signed on in the last 18 months, you will have to register again.
Kaiser Permanente Personal Online Services FQAs
1: I don’t see all services, such as emailing my doctor. What should I do? If you completed registration, call Website & Mobile App Support at 1-888-874-1620. You may not see all services after finishing registration if:
- You don’t get your primary care at a Kaiser Permanente medical office. You’ll be able to refill prescriptions, get a Health Profile assessment, and check your health coverage and benefits online. However, you won’t be in the system that allows you to email your doctor, or make appointments and see lab results online.
- You chose a primary care doctor after you registered. To have the rest of your services activated, call Website & Mobile App Support at 1-888-874-1620.
- You haven’t chosen a personal physician.
2: How do I email my doctor? After you sign in to the secure member site, click Message Center and then Contact Care Team. If you are signed on and have access to some personal online services, but don’t have secure email, see the previous question.
3: The “Reply” button doesn’t work to email my doctor. What can should I do? For most secure messages, you can only reply to the message for 30 days. After a month, the Reply button disappears but if the person is in your email list, you can create a new message. Sometimes, a new message doesn’t have a Reply button. For example, if another doctor is filling in for your regular doctor during vacation, a Reply button won’t display.
If you want to email your doctor and can’t use the Reply button, start a new message.
4: I can’t send a message because the “Send” button doesn’t work. What can should I do? The Send button won’t be active until all parts of the message are complete. You must type something in both the subject and message fields. If you pasted your whole message in the message field, try typing in another period or any other character.
5: In the list of providers I can email, why is a doctor listed that I’ve never seen? Occasionally, doctors you have not had an appointment with may be listed in the drop-down menu, such as specialists who have consulted with your doctor or helped analyze a test result. Their system automatically lists all doctors who have participated in your care.
6: Where are my lab results and immunization records? After you sign in, click Medical Record and then click Lab & Test Results. You must get care at a Kaiser Permanente medical office to see your lab results online.
7: When I sign in, I have an alert that a new message is in my Messages Inbox. When I open the link, I don’t see anything new. This problem may occur if you have a web accelerator installed on your computer, such as Fasterfox or Google Web Accelerator.
Web accelerators are hardware or software that seem to make your browser access web pages more quickly. They do this by caching (or storing) previously accessed pages, or by “pre-fetching” documents or pages likely to be accessed in the near future. However, if an old message or lab result has been cached, the accelerator may skip new messages or lab results and go directly to the cached one.
If you know you have a web accelerator installed on your computer, disable it and then try checking your messages or lab results again. If you aren’t sure whether there is a web accelerator on your computer, or you have disabled it and the problem persists, call Website & Mobile App Support at 1-888-874-1620.