Unemployment insurance benefits provide temporary financial assistance to workers unemployed through no fault of their own that meet the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s eligibility requirements. The MDES Login Login portal allows you to apply for unemployment benefits and file for weekly benefits online, review claim status in detail and manage your own profile, access help screens and navigation aids to assist you in using the system.
Whether you are a claimant looking for how to gain a secure access to your MDES account or you want to fill weekly claims, this post got you covered. We will try to cover everything you need to know about getting into your Mississippi Unemployment Insurance claimant account and benefits.
Everything You Need To Know About Mississippi Department of Employment Security
The Mississippi unemployment login page on AccessMS.MDES.MS.gov is online access to the UI benefits and payment system by those affecting from job loss. MDES is provided by the Mississippi Department of Employment Security in the state for claimants who need financial assistance or are looking for a job. Claimant services have the following options: Create a online user ID, file an application for unemployment insurance, file a weekly certification to maintain payments, view correspondence within the system from MDES agents, and email verification completion.
The goal of the Mississippi Department of Employment Security is to help Mississippians get jobs. Through MDES network of WIN Job Centers, MDES matches qualified, prospective employees with employers. Also at the Job Centers, Mississippians can obtain job training to sharpen their work skills and make themselves more competitive in the job market.
In addition, MDES administers the unemployment benefits program that provides payments to Mississippians who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. This temporary compensation enables unemployed individuals to concentrate on securing new jobs. Through these programs, MDES works to expand employment, improve workforce skills, and enhance productivity in the state.
If you are registered already to the system, your account will have access to all of the services listed already in addition to the employment services made available to you as a resident of the state.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
To be eligible for UI benefits, one must:
- Must be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- File a weekly claim as required – Claims filed late may be denied.
- Be able to work – You must be mentally and physically able to work your normal work week.
- Be available for work – You must be ready to go to work. You must be willing to accept full-time work. You must have transportation and have made necessary childcare arrangements. You cannot have barriers or conditions, which prevent you from accepting work immediately.
- Be actively seeking work – To meet availability requirements you must make a “good faith” effort to find work. An active work search effort is required.
How To Register with MDES
The first thing you have to do is register with MDES Online Services. Whether you want to file a claim to receive weekly unemployment benefits or to search for a new job, you must register first. That’s how you get your personal User Name and PIN number to be able to use the online system whenever you need to.
Let’s get started on your job search.
If you are not already registered with MDES, you may register using MDES Online Services. You may also register by phone or in person at the WIN Job Center.
Online: Click here to register online and begin looking for your new job. It’s easy to follow the directions and there are so many job openings listed, that you’re sure to find one that works for you. If you do not have a computer or access to one, the public libraries in Mississippi have computers you may use to register with MDES and look for a job. The WIN Job Centers also have computers you may use.
MDES employment representatives are there to help if you need assistance. To download a registration form that you can print and take with you, click here, but remember it is better to register online rather than with a printed form. To find the WIN Job Center nearest you, click here.
Phone: You may register to start a job search by calling 601-855-3133 or 1-888-844-3577.
At the WIN Job Center: If you do not have access to a computer, you may visit your local WIN Job Center. MDES employment representatives will be there to assist you with registration, and they can also show you how to use the computers at the WIN Job Center.
Whether you register and file online, at the WIN Job Center or by phone, you will be required to provide these five things to complete your application to receive an unemployment check:
- Your Social Security number
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers for all your employers for the last eighteen (18) months
- Alien Registration number or Visa number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Your complete mailing address and phone number
- The dates you worked and the reason you left each employer
MDES Login Steps
If you are already a registered online user, your current user ID and password will provide you access to all services (Employment Services and Unemployment Services). When you gain access to your MDES claimant account you will be able to enjoy all the Unemployment Insurance Services like;
- File a new claim for benefits
- File a weekly certification and work search record
- File an appeal
- View my benefit payment status
- View my claim details and correspondences
- Update my personal information
- Obtain my 1099G
To Log in to your claimant account, go to https://reemployms.mdes.ms.gov/cp/landing and enter your username and password. If this is your first time you can follow the above steps to create a MDES claimant account,
Unemployment Login Help:
- MyUI Login
- EDD UI Online Login
- Florida Unemployment Login
- Illinois Unemployment Login
- Maryland Unemployment Login
- Massachusetts Unemployment Login
How To File for Benefits
As soon as you become unemployed, you may file a claim for unemployment insurance benefits online or by calling 601-493-9427. Note: MDES will no longer accept new or reopened unemployment claims on Monday and Tuesday. However, people who served on active duty in the military or earned wages in another state or a federal agency may continue to file by phone on Mondays and Tuesdays. You can file claims online anytime with this link: https://reemployms.mdes.ms.gov/cp/landing
You should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your Social Security number,
- Your complete mailing address and phone number,
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers for all your employers for the last eighteen (18) months,
- The dates you worked and the reason you left each employer.
- Alien Registration number or Visa number, if you are not a U.S. Citizen.
MDES UI Claim Contacts / Phones
Mississippi Department of Employment Security
Office of the Governor
1235 Echelon Parkway
P.O. Box 1699
Jackson, MS 39215-1699
Email your general questions or comments about MDES, your WIN Job Centers in Mississippi or any of their services to COMMENTS@MDES.MS.GOV. For more specific requests, please see below.
Contact Center Phone Numbers
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Claim Service Line:
Claimants can dial
to access the status of their unemployment claim.
For the following services call
- To file unemployment claims,
- Ask questions about existing claims,
- Password reset assistance, and
- How to file weekly certifications
For questions regarding Unemployment Benefits:
For questions regarding Unemployment Tax:
For questions regarding Unemployment Benefits Overpayments:
For questions regarding Appeals: