The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) administers the unemployment insurance program that provides temporary financial assistance to individuals who become unemployed through no fault of their own. Benefits are paid through taxes on employers covered under the Michigan Employment Security Act. However, the .MiWAM Login portal allows claimant to;
- Manage their benefits online
- Apply for unemployment benefits and file for weekly benefits online
- Review claim status in detail and manage your own profile
- Access help screens and navigation aids to assist you in using the system.
Read our downloadable guide carefully and completely. It contains important information that should answer most of your questions about Michigan Unemployment Insurance benefits. Keep in mind, though, that like this website, it only gives general information. It is not the law. It is not a regulation. It is not legal advice.
What is Michigan Unemployment Insurance?
Michigan Unemployment insurance benefits provide temporary financial assistance to workers unemployed
through no fault of their own that meet Michigan’s eligibility requirements. These benefits are intended
to provide temporary income as unemployed workers seek new employment.
With MiWAM, you can view account balance and payment history. It allows you to perform daily operations such as submitting reports, paying taxes, viewing reports, submitting queries, and updating your unemployment tax account information online.
What are the Benefits Of MiWAM Login Portal?
The benefits you receive in MiWAM are – it lets you update your information according to your employment status, pay bills with this online portal, use a debit card or bank deposit to choose, and change your online payment method according to your preferences, clear your doubts and queries through mail, support on health related and occupational things, services of rehabilitation, and many more.
You can check your benefits under the account notification through your MiWAM account, or call MARVIN on 18666383993. Remember to confirm by phone or online, as this will cause errors in your account. It takes 24 To 28 hours to renew your account, then authenticate online or over the phone.
MiWAM Login Steps
The Michigan Unemployment Insurance Login portal is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You need your Michigan Unemployment Claimant User ID and password to use Unemployment Benefits Services online.
Your online account allows you to submit an application for Unemployment Insurance benefits and certify to receive weekly benefits. You can also view your claim status and account balance, make changes to your direct deposit account, update your address and phone number, and get form 1099-G so you can file your taxes.
If you are a new user and don’t have an account or not registered yet, then firstly you need to register yourself. You can do it by few simple steps. If you already have a User ID for MiWAM Claimant account, follow the steps below to log in with that User ID and password.
Go to their official website https://www.michigan.gov/leo/bureaus-agencies/uia, scroll down the page and select “Login to MiWAM“, fill in the details which you are being asked for like username and password, submit the details and you are logged in. If in any case, you forgot your details, then there would be an option to reset it. Use that, and do it.
Steps to Apply For Benefits
Get ready to apply
Before applying, gather the information you’ll need:
- Social Security number
- Employment information for the past 18 months: employer name and address, first/last day worked/ gross earnings
- Your address, phone number, date of birth
- Non-Citizens Alien registration and the expiration date of your work authorization card
- Driver’s License or State ID
How to apply
The best and fastest way to apply is online using the Michigan Web Account Manager (MiWAM). You may also apply by phone at 1-866-500-0017. View the MiWAM Toolkit for Claimants for step by step instructions on how create your account.
After you apply
- Certify your eligibility every two weeks to receive payment.
- Report honestly.
- Watch for and respond to any information request they send you. You may choose to receive information electronically or by mail. This information may be time sensitive and affect your eligibility for benefits.
- Sign up for direct deposit or a debit card to receive your weekly benefits faster and more securely.
- Register for work and search for work
How do I get paid? In order to get paid, EVERY TWO WEEKS you must report (certify) that you are still unemployed by answering some questions.
How do I report?
- Online 24/7 through your MiWAM account.
- Phone MARVIN (1-866-638-3993) Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Payment posts within 2-3 business days from the date you report. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not considered a business day.
There are two options for payment
- Direct deposit through your bank or credit union – You will need your routing number and account number
- UIA debit card
Read More Unemployment Logins
- NY Unemployment Login
- Indiana Unemployment Login
- Kentucky Unemployment Login
- Louisiana Unemployment Login
- Wisconsin Unemployment Login
- Massachusetts Unemployment Login
How To Contact Michigan Unemployment Insurance Help Desk
Questions about your claim?
- Visit Michigan.gov/UIA for tools and resources
- Access your MIWAM account 24/7
- Chat with an agent Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Call their Customer Service line at 866-500-0017, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Schedule an appointment online with the option of a closed-captioned virtual meeting for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Ask Ava, UIA’s 24/7 chat feature.