There is a difference between information and helpful information and our intention is not to bore our readers with heavy details. It is very simple to access the Secure MOHELA Login portal and just a few steps will help you out and therefore in this post we only focus on important details and list out to you in steps as that would be better to understand and remember.
We intend to help you out with login issues even if you forgot your password or if you are a new user. Therefore this article will help many readers around the world and we will keep updating our content in case of any change or update from the MOHELA.
MOHELA is dedicated to providing world-class customer service for the students whose loans they manage. As your knowledgeable and approachable go-to resource for account information and repayment options, MOHELA provide the tools to help you successfully repay your student loan.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with an operating center in Columbia, Missouri, and office in Washington, DC, our prime focus is student loan servicing.
As a nationally-recognized leader in student loan servicing and higher education financing, MOHELA provide informative and responsive interactions to each call and encounter to ensure each borrower has a positive experience.
If your loans recently transferred from FedLoan Servicing, you will need to register a new account to gain access to your loan information through MOHELA.com. Please allow approximately 10 business days after MOHELA receives the transfer for your full account details to be available.
How To Register For MOHELA Online Account Access
You are required to be registered for MOHELA Online Account access be able to view your student loan account, make changes to your online account and also make online payments. If you have not registered for online account access kindly follow the steps below to create a new account.
- Go to https://www.mohela.com/DL/secure/account/new/newAccountInformation.aspx
- To create your account, enter your social security number and date of birth.
- Follow the steps to select a User Name, Password and Password Hint and select Continue.
MOHELA Login Steps
If you already have a MOHELA account then you can access and manage it on the secure MOHELA Login portal with your unique username and password. Below are the steps if followed carefully you will be logged in to your account within minutes.
- To access Your account please go to https://www.mohela.com/DL/secure/account/loginStep1.aspx
- Enter your username and password in the respective fields.
- Finally click on the Login button.
Need Help Logging In?
If you need additional help logging in, the frequently asked questions below will help you.
I forgot my User Name and Password. What should I do? Follow the steps indicated on the Forgot Your User Name and Password page to retrieve your User Name and reset your password.
I forgot my Password. What should I do? You have two options. First, retrieve the Password Hint you established when you registered on www.mohela.com by following the steps indicated on the Password Hint page.
If the password hint does not help you remember your password, then follow the steps on the Forgot Your Password page to reset your password.I forgot my User Name. What should I do?accordion expanded
If you remember your password, follow the steps on the Forgot Your User Name page. After receiving your User Name, use it to log in.My User Name is locked.accordion expanded
How do I change my security answers? To change the answers to your security questions, log in and select Profile & Notifications. Choose the Security tab and then click the Question button. A page will display where you can change your security questions and answers.
You may pay by using any of the following methods:
- Enroll in MOHELA’s Auto Debit Program to have automatic payments electronically debited from your bank account.
- Make a one-time payment on MOHELA.com
- Use their automated phone system at 888.866.4352 (Toll Free) or 636.532.0600 (International)
- Use your financial institution’s online bill pay service or other bill pay service provider
- Mail a check or money order addressed to MOHELA, including your 10-digit Account Number. Your payment address may be different based upon your specific account information. Please log in or call for your payment address.
Note that this payment method takes the longest for your payment to process. All payments must be drawn on U.S. financial institutions and in U.S. currency.
How to Make a one-time Payment Online
- Under Make A Payment, select the date you would like to make the payment
- For first time users, you will need to add new bank account information. Returning users may select a listed bank account or add a new account.
- Then enter the amount for your payment. If your account is current, you will have an option to pay the amount across your loans or pay by loan.
- Click “Continue.”
- Confirm the scheduled date, payment account, payment amount and submit the payment.
Payments scheduled after 4 p.m. CT, on a holiday or weekend may not be processed until the next business day.
MOHELA Contact Information
888.866.4352 (Toll Free)
TTY: Dial 711Your Social Security Number or Account Number will be required.
866.222.7060 (Toll Free)
Hours of Operation
7 AM – 10 PM CT Monday
7 AM – 7 PM CT Tuesday – Friday
9 AM – 1 PM CT Saturday
7 AM – 9 PM CT Monday – Thursday
7 AM – 5 PM CT Friday
Payment and automated account information is also available 24/7.
633 Spirit Drive
Chesterfield, MO 63005-1243
As you have seen the process of creating and signing in to your MOHELA account is easy, If you can sign in to manage your account at anytime.
Your payment will show as a Pending Payment under Payment History. Please allow three to five business days for the payment to be posted to your account. Once it posts, your payment will be viewable on the Payment History page.
To cancel your online scheduled payment: Select Make A Payment and access the Pending Payments at the bottom of the page. You can select “Cancel Payment” next to pending payments. This must be done at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled date.
To suspend or stop Auto Debit: Select “Auto Debit” on the left-hand column when logged in. You may suspend your payments for one month or cancel Auto Debit. Complete your request online. Your request must be submitted at least five business days in advance of your due date.