myUABMedicine is an online patient portal for patients of UAB Medicine that offers personalized and secure access to portions of your electronic medical record. It allows you to manage your health and stay connected with your UAB healthcare providers. You can access this convenient and secure health management tool from anywhere you can access the Internet. With myUABMedicine, you can use the portal to:
- Correspond with your providers’ practices
- Request a prescription refill
- Make an Appointment
- On-Demand Urgent Care through UAB eMedicine
- Check select test & lab results
- Access your billing statements
- View portions of your healthcare record
- View upcoming appointments
What is myUABMedicine?
myUABMedicine is a free, password-protected patient portal that offers 24-hour access for UAB Medicine patients. The myUABMedicine patient portal gives you access to your health records, lab results, medication, diagnoses lists, bill payments, and direct communication with physicians through secure emails.
The UAB Medicine patient portal is designed to make it easier for patients to manage their day-to-day healthcare needs and access their health information securely anytime, anywhere – it’s best-in-class care at your fingertips.
Parents or guardians may make a portal account on behalf of a minor patient. This portal account will be automatically deactivated on the minor patient’s 14th birthday. Parent or guardian access to that minor’s account will be closed. At age 14 the minor patient will be offered the opportunity to create a private portal tab.
The UAB Patient Portal can be used to:
- Communicate with your health care providers
- Request renewals for currently prescribed medications
- View results of select lab work or other tests
- View and download portions of your medical record
- View clinical visit summary
- View your active medication list, allergies, immunizations, and more
- View your upcoming appointments
- Connect health management apps to your health record
myUABMedicine Login portal is your 24/7 access to request appointments, refills, referrals, and access your health information online, all from the comfort of your own home. Use of the Services requires a compatible mobile device or computer, internet access as well as possible software. However, if your provider offers a patient portal, you will need a computer and internet connection to use it.
If you are a new user and have not yet created an account, please select the option at the bottom of the initial login screen for “SIGN UP“. You will then be guided through creating a login. Once your healthcare provider confirms your email address and initiates the sign-up process, you will receive an email with instructions on how to create your myUABMedicine account.
Step 1: Go to the myUABMedicine Login Portal
Step 2: Enter your Email address or username.
Step 3: Enter your password and click on “SIGN IN” to access all of your information available through the myUABMedicine Patient Portal.
If you have forgotten your myUABMedicine Patient Portal Username/Password, you can reset your password or retrieve your User ID through the portal. If you feel that someone else is using your account, you need to reset your password immediately. Here’s how;
- Go to the patient portal login page. https://myuabmedicine.iqhealth.com/
- 2. Under the “Password” field, click on the “Forgot Password?” link.
- 3. Enter your Email address or username in the pop-up box.
- 4. Then, click on the “Submit” button.
For issues or questions about creating or using your myUABMedicine account, please call Patient Portal Support at 1-877-621-8014 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
If you do not receive your email invitation or have other non-medical questions, call UAB Guest Services at 205-934-CARE (2273). If you have questions or want to request changes to your medical record, call 205-930-7724.