The Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) is a free and secure, internet-based portal that allows users access to beneficiary and claim information. The portal is available for all Part A, Part B and Durable Medical Equipment (DME) users in the Noridian MAC Jurisdictions of JA, JD, JE and JF. When logged into an account, all users may update information by selecting “Manage Account” at the top of the portal.
1: My Profile: Update Personal Information such as Name, Phone Number and Email Address
2: Provider/Supplier Combinations:
- View the TIN/NPI/PTAN combinations already viewable on the account
- Add New TIN/NPI/PTAN combinations
- Remove access to a TIN/NPI/PTAN combination
3:Account Access and Role(s)
- View current role
- Request a change in role
- Select new role under Change Role(s).
- Confirm change by selecting “Continue with change” on popup
- Select Add New Combination(s) button
- Enter combination that should be on new role
- If a Provider Administrator requests a role change to an End User, another Provider Administrator must approve this.
- Deactivate account
- Notification will be displayed if a request to deactivate a Provider Administrator or Vendor Administrator cannot occur because there is not another registered.
- Update response to the question – “Are you a small Provider/Supplier?”
4: Security Settings:
- Change password
- Update security questions
- Update MFA Settings
5: Account History:
- View action taken on the account. This includes:
- Creation of account
- Functionality additions/removals
- Combination additions/removals
Noridian Medicare Portal Registration
To use the Noridian Medicare portal, you must create an account, including a username and password, which you will use to log in to the system. Process of creating a new account on Noridian Medicare portal is very easy, please follow the steps given below for registration.
You will need:
- Unique email address
- Tax ID/NPI/PTAN combination
- Submitter ID (EDISS Connect account must be set up for A and B providers)
- Recent check number and amount (Provider Administrators only – ensure a check has been issued by Noridian)
Each person must register their own account. NMP accounts cannot be shared and only one NMP account is allowed per person.
- Select “Start Registration” on Noridian Medicare Portal homepage.
- Read and Accept Noridian Medicare Portal Agreements
- Registration Requirements
- CPT/ADA Agreement
- Privacy Statement
- Terms and Conditions for Use
There are seven steps in the registration process. Each step is important and must be completed thoroughly.
Step 1: Personal Information
- Enter following required information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Work Email – This must be a unique email address and not used by more than one person.
- Create a username (must be between seven and 64 characters)
- Must start with an alpha character
- Can only contain the following special characters: dot (.), underscore (_), or hyphen (-)
- No consecutive special characters
- Special character cannot be the last character
- Create a password. Password requirements are:
- Password is case sensitive
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must be no more than 50 characters long
- Must include at least 1 number
- Must have at least 1 symbol (non-letter or number) character
- Must have at least 1 lowercase letter
- Must have at least 1 uppercase letter
- Can be changed only once a day
- New passwords must contain at least four different characters than previous password
- New password may not have been used previously
- Type required text and select Next button
Step 2: Login to Account: Once personal information is submitted, a confirmation email is sent from [email protected] with the subject being “Confirm Email_During_Registration.” Click on the Confirmation Link in the email to confirm the account.
Upon successful login, the portal will prompt you to set up your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials. For step by step instructions, please visit Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Do not reply to confirmation email. It is automatically generated, and address is not monitored
- Confirmation link is valid for 48 hours. If account is not activated within48 hours, contact User Security to have confirmation email resent
Step 3: Security Question: Choose a security question from the pre-selected list of questions and enter an answer. This must be completed five times with a different answer for each question. Each answer must be at least four characters long. Select the Save Answers button when finished.
Step 4: Account Confirmation: Confirmation of the account is indicated. Select the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Organization Information: Answer the following questions:
- Select User Type – Provider/Supplier or Vendor
- If Provider/Supplier selected, another question is added.
- Are you a small provider/supplier with less than 25 employees?
- If Provider/Supplier selected, another question is added.
- Your Role (View “Roles” table at top of page for descriptions)
- Provider Administrator
- End User
- Vendor Administrator
- Vendor End User
Step 6: Add Provider/Suppliers
- Enter required information
- Medicare Program (Part A, Part B, DME)
- Trading Partner ID (Issued by EDI/CEDI)
- A Trading Partner ID is NOT required for a DME supplier registration
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- NPIs must be registered as electronic claim submitters.
- Provider Transaction Access Number (PTAN)
- TIN or Social Security Number (SSN)
If registering as a Provider Administrator, the following are required:
- Check Number – Enter check number of one of 50 most recently issued checks by Noridian
- Part A providers must enter check information issued within last 90 days. Part A check numbers contain “EFT” in front of the check number. Part B check numbers are a series of numbers without “EFT”.
- Check Amount – Enter amount of corresponding check number
- DME suppliers must indicate what Jurisdiction the check amount and number was issued from – Jurisdiction A (JA) or Jurisdiction D (JD)
If registering as a Vendor, the following are required:
- Vendor Administrators and Vendor End Users must enter their Vendor Trading Partner ID and the Provider/Supplier Trading Partner ID submitted by the provider.
- DME Vendor Administrators and Vendor End Users must enter same Trading Partner ID that Provider Administrator entered in both fields
Step 7: Registration Request Submitted: After a successful registration, a confirmation will display, and the following actions will be required to gain access to portal. For further assistance or follow-up:
- End Users and Vendor Administrators contact Provider Administrator
- Vendor End User contact Vendor Administrator
Noridian Medicare Portal Login Steps
If you already have a Noridian Medicare portal online account, you may access it at any time. It’s simple to go into your online account, and you’ll need your login information. Follow the steps below to log in to your account securely.
When the agreements have been read and accepted visit https://www.noridianmedicareportal.com/web/nmp/home and enter your username and password. New users are required to register first by following the instructions above.
Note: After three failed login attempts, your account will be locked and you will need to click the reset/unlock password link to unlock your account. Noridian strongly suggests that you do not allow your password to be saved and auto-filled by your browser. New User? Register for access to eligibility, claims, appeals and more. Start Registration. You will need: Unique email address; Tax ID/NPI
Problems with your sign in or a forgotten password can reach out to the proper jurisdiction for help. Pay special notice to which are your state falls in and the corresponding number for support with your Noridian Medicare login or other questions.
Noridian Medicare Portal Contact and Support
When calling Noridian for Noridian Medicare Portal (NMP) support, have the following information available: User name and/or email address, NPI/TIN/PTAN. Follow the guidelines below when contacting Noridian based on your issue or question.
Medicare beneficiaries can call 1-800-633-4227. Pricing, coding, and data analysis can call 1-877-735-1326.
The following states of AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY fall in jurisdiction D. The Jurisdiction D phone number is 1-877-320-0390. The states of AK, AZ, ID, MT, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY are the F jurisdiction, and the number is 1-877-908-8431.
CA, HI, and NV states can call 1-855-609-9960 for assistance with logging in at Endeavor.NoridianMedicare.com during working hours.
Part A claims cover services performed in hospitals and after care. Part B covers outpatient visits, doctor offices, and lab tests. Pricing and data analysis uses pricing functions and guidance similar to durable medical equipment coverage on qualified patients.
Be very careful dealing with the information presented on the system. All information shown is only for those permitted to access it and proper security and data handling is to be used. If you are a program participant you will need to contact your insurance provider for more information. All other authorized users are permitted to use the Noridian Medicare login page.