Principal Financial Group is an American global financial investment management and insurance company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.A. Follow the Principal 401k Login instructions here to access your account.
How To Create Principal 401k Online Account
Choose one of the following that best describes your role so you can create an account.
Individuals: If you have retirement or insurance products (on your own or through your workplace). Create an individual account
Businesses & Auditors: If you manage retirement or insurance plans for employees at your company. To create an employer or plan sponsor account, watch for an email from your Principal representative and click the link provided.
- 877-475-3436 (retirement) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT.
- 800-843-1371 (group insurance) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. CT.
Financial Professionals: You help businesses and individuals make informed financial decisions. Contact them to create a username and password for your Advisor account. Or call 800-554-3395 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.
Third Party Administrators: You provide certain administrative services for a retirement plan. To create a third party administrator account, watch for an email from your Principal representative and click the link provided. Or call 800-554-3395 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.
3(16) & Plan Administrators: You manage plan and fiduciary items for multiple retirement plans and/or adopters. To create a plan administrator account, watch for an email from your Principal representative and click the link provided. Or call 800-554-3395 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.
Dental providers: You am a dental provider or work in a dental office. Create a provider account Or call 800-621-6280 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. CT.
Custody Solutions: You are a custody account owner, investment manager, or auditor. To create a custody administrator account, watch for an email from your Principal representative and click the link provided. Or call 800-986-3343 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT.
Principal 401k Login Steps
Logging in is the most essential thing you need to know if you are talking about online activities. Logging in is very easy; all you need to do is enter all the correct details. So, if you want to know how to log in, then follow the following steps:
- Click “Log In” at the top right corner of any Principal.com page.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the “Log in” button
- Follow any instructions provided.
If you forgot your username:
- Go to the Forgot username page.
- Choose “Employers & Plan Sponsors” as your role and click “Continue”.
- Enter the email address you use to do business with us, and we’ll send you an email with your username.
If you forgot your password:
- Go to the login page.
- Click the “Forgot password?” link under the Log in button.
- Enter your username.
- We’ll provide you a verification code by text, business email, voice call, or an authenticator app. Which one we send it to depends on the option(s) you registered.
- After you’ve correctly entered your code, you’ll be prompted to reset your password.
- You can then use this new password to log in to your account online.
Your account information with Principal is kept secure and confidential through multiple security features and procedures:
Your company and employee account information can only be accessed with a combination of your unique username, password, and verification code. It’s your responsibility to keep your login information confidential.
- Don’t share your username or password with anyone. They’ll never ask you for your password.
- Never keep your password where others may see them.
- Contact them immediately to change your password if you suspect someone has discovered it.
- Their website uses 2-factor authentication to verify your identity when logging in and is strongly encrypted, ensuring that your communications and sensitive information stays private and protected.
Your account information is not permanently stored on their web server. It is, however, permanently stored on their highly secure corporate network systems.
Need More Information…?
Send them an email, or give them a call.
- Help with retirement plans: 877-475-3436
- Help with group insurance products: 800-843-1371