Solution to Can’t Activate Netspend Card | How to get a Refund

Can’t Activate Netspend Card? Worry no more as you have come to the final solution, In this I will highlight possible reasons why you keep getting the error “Can’t Activate Netspend Card” and also provide possible solution to it.

Although this is going to be an essay, as the matter is very serious!

I don’t know where you are complaining from, and whether the Card is issued under the VISA or MasterCard operation. But don’t worry as I said earlier you have come to the final solution.

Solution to Can’t Activate Netspend Card

Have you telephoned their customer services department as detailed on the Statement, and if so what was their response? If not, You should immediately contact Customer Service via their toll-free number, 1-866-387-7363. ask for the money, and write down the name of the person you spoke to or they refuse to give their name, ask to speak to their Supervisor/Manager, or Legal Department (you mean business !).

Check also the registered office of NetSpend (can be found through a search of your equivalent of Companies House). Strictly speaking if they are a Limited Company or equivalent, their Registered Office should be on the statement somewhere in any case. Be careful that the card company is not registered “off-shore” i.e. in another Country; you may need to go straight to your equivalent of the Banking Ombudsman or The Financial Conduct Authority.

The first thing you need to do is to find the last Statement from them which shows that your account is in Credit with them. Take a photo-copy of it front and back.

On the back there should be a disputes address where to send mail in the case of disputes.

Then send them a letter (hard copy) enclosing a copy of the Statement of the account, and written to that address in the in the following format:

The Director,

Customer Services Department,

NetSpend (the address on the statement for disputes, and also make a copy to send the Registered Office it is found on Companies House).


Dear Sir or Madam;

Re: NetSpend Account in the name of (your name as cited on the Statement or the letter head, ideally the agreement) account number **** **** **** ****

I attach a copy of the last statement of account which shows that I have a credit balance in my favour to the value of “ £/US$ *** .00 . You will note that at present that account is dormant. At the current time I have no intention to use the facility, but may need it in the future.

To that end I shall be pleased if you would return the sum due to me “ £/US$ ***.00, to the address at the head of this letter, together with a confirmation statement that the account is now showing a nil balance, but remains available in the immediate future. Alternatively if that is not your policy, please close the account, together with a Statement of Account showing that information. For good order I confirm that the card has been destroyed. I have not returned it for security reasons.

I look forward to receiving your remittance in the course of the next 7 days, from the date of this letter, together with the confirmatory statement.

Yours faithfully

Zachariag Stryker

(and then sign it with your usual signature).

Remember to destroy the card, and DO NOT return it in any form. In this case it is important since the card is pre-paid, and anyone intercepting it could spend the money on it fraudulently; and that includes those within the company.

If on the Statement you find there are two addresses, one for the Customer Services and the other for the Registered Office (and particularly if it conflicts wit the information you have from Companies House) that address at Companies House too.

Send the original to the Registered Office an copies to the two other address. If you are using a word processor treat them all as originals and sign them with you full name as above.

Send all of the letters to the various addresses in separate envelopes by your secure mail system (in the UK Recorded Delivery), so that you have a signature for service; i.e. that it has actually been taken in by someone. That way they can’t come up with the excuse “we haven’t received it”.

Keep the copy of the receipts from the Post Office and staple them in to your diary and mark forward 10 days. For example, if you are writing to day (28th November) you will diarise for the 8th December.

Telephone the contact number of the secure delivery operation with your tracking reference to confirm that letter has indeed been received. Ask for a copy of the document which has been signed and who signed for it. (You may need that information later as explained below).

If they have not responded to you either by telephone or letter within the 10 days, (allow one day’s grace) and send another letter similar to the one above, but this time put a side heading before the beginning of the main letter (i.e. before the Dear Sir or Madam;)

Notice of intent to commence legal proceedings.


Dear Sir or Madam;

Re: account **** **** **** ****

Further tom my letter dated () I note that a response has not been received and it has been confirmed by the Post Office that it was sent by Recorded Delivery and accepted by you on (date of confirmation).

I attach a copy of the receipt confirmation from the Post Office for your purposes to trace the document.

Yours faithfully

Zachariag Stryker

Send that by recorded delivery .

If you hear nothing further. Telephone the VISA /MasterCard disputes team to advise that you have not received a response and that you have placed the company on notice that you are commence legal proceedings for the collection of the debt as it is due to you,( it is their indebtedness to you).

If you still get no co-operation from the disputes team or the company themselves, if you have a Governing Body, write to them to intervene, enclosing a copy of all the documentation, including delivery notes, letters and the copy agreement and Statement showing the credit balance.

Having seen your attempts to recover the money, they should intervene without further question and could even apply for the license of the card issuer to be withdrawn.

Of course there is nothing to stop you from drafting your own legal action if you know the legal Statutes and how to draft a Particulars of Claim. If not (and you do have to be careful how you word a Summons and Particulars of Claim), leave it with the governing body.

Follow up the letter to the Governing Body in 14 days of sending the last letter and ask them to contact you to confirm the next course of action. Again ideally you need to speak to someone.

If there is a “Bankers Deposit Guarantee” scheme in place (as there is in the UK) then the Governing body will automatically refund the money to you and they will take up the case upon your behalf.

If such a scheme is in place, then in theory you can issue proceedings against the Governing Body, or alternatively write to your Member of Parliament (or equivalent) and ask them too intervene.

In theory, you should not have to resort to law, if the agreement is set up under your local law and registered in your country.

Hopefully you will not have to go through to the final actions that I note here relating to litigation, particularly international litigation since it is very expensive, and time consuming however. If the Bank is “bonded” by your controlling operations, whether it be off-shore or not you should get your money back quickly.

All the best.


Similar Post: Netspend Login: How To Access Your Netspend Prepaid Account

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *