The office of Federal Student Aid provides approximately $112 billion in grant, work-study, and loan funds each year to help pay for college or career school. However, your Studentaid Gov login allows you access and manage your loan account online. You can log in to your account to view your financial aid history and repayment plan, make payments, change repayment plans, explore options, and get help.
This page contains general information regarding Federal Student Aid. Additionally, it discusses steps you need to take in order to create an account (FSA ID username and password). Keep in mind, though, that like this website, it only gives general information. It is not the law. It is not a regulation. It is not legal advice.
How To Create an Account (FSA ID Username and Password)
Whether you’re a student, parent, or borrower, you’ll need to create your own account to complete federal student aid tasks. When you create your account, you will set up your FSA ID. Your FSA ID is a user name and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and serves as your legal signature.
Each student and one parent need to create their own unique FSA ID. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use.
What You Can Use Your Account For
- Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form
- Signing your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Applying for repayment plans
- Completing loan counseling
- Using the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Help Tool
Items Needed to Create an Account
- Social Security number
- Your own mobile phone number and/or email address
- Start by going to https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/personal-info. in the web browser of your device. (Only Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers work well on the site.)
- On the next page, the FSA ID account creation page will pop-up.
- Now, Provide a unique username.
- Enter your email address.
- Provide a unique password.
- Provide your name, date of birth, and Social Security number (SSN).
- Provide your mailing address.
- Select your language preference.
- Provide your mobile phone number. Select the box to indicate if you would like to register your mobile phone to receive one-time secure codes if you forget your username or password. (You will be required to provide either your email address or your mobile phone number and to opt in to messaging before you can proceed.)
- For security purposes, complete the challenge questions and answers.
- Confirm and verify your information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
Verify your email address and/or mobile phone number. This verification allows you to retrieve your username or reset your password without answering your challenge questions. Also, you can use your mobile phone number or your email address as your username when logging in to U.S. Department of Education systems. They’ll also be able to notify you by email regarding changes to your account.
Studentaid Gov Login Steps
Now that you have successfully created your student loan account (FSA ID), you can now login to your loan account with your Studentaid Gov login details. The steps below will guide you on how to login to your student loan.
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing in the web browser of your device.
- Next, enter your our FSA ID Username, Email Address, or Mobile Number in the specified field.
- Enter your password.
- Now, click on “Log In”.
Did You Know? You can log in to your account using your verified email address or verified mobile phone number instead of your username. However, If you forgot your password, select the “Forgot My Password” link and enter the onscreen information to look up your account:
Student Loan Serving Logins
- Nelnet Login
- MOHELA Login
- HHLoans Login
- Heartland ECSI Login
- Navient Payment Login
- Firstmark Services Login
- Fedloan Servicing Login
- OSLA Student Loan Login