Varo is an online bank that offers a free checking account with no minimum account balance and no hidden fees, a high-yield savings account with a competitive interest rate, and an online banking experience to take control of your money. However, the Varo Bank Login portal allows you to manage your Varo Bank accounts anytime free of charge. The online banking service allows you to check your balance, transfer funds, view recent transactions, view past checks, and much more from your web-enabled PC.
Suppose you are looking for a bank to use as your primary checking and savings account. In that case, Varo has excellent customer service and a 4.6-star rating in Google Play for the Varo Money Mobile Banking app to manage your finances from anywhere.
This page contains general information regarding your Varo Bank online account. Additionally, it discusses steps you need to take in order to enroll in Varo Bank online banking services, including how Varo Bank works. For those who have already enrolled in Varo Bank online services, this guide will help you to manage your account with ease.
About Varo Bank
Varo Bank is a branchless online bank that gives you 24/7 access to your accounts and your money through a highly rated mobile banking app.
Intending to make banking more accessible for everyone in the U.S, Varo set themselves on a mission to become the first U.S. consumer fintech to receive a national bank charter from the OCC. After operating as an online banking solution since its foundation in 2015, Varo filed for national bank charter with the OCC in July 2017. After three years, it officially opened as Varo Bank, N.A. after being approved as a national bank charter by the OCC in June 2020 and approved by FDIC for deposit insurance in February of the same year.
What this means for you is that the money you deposit in Varo Bank accounts is insured by FDIC, like any other bank.
Varo Online And Mobile Banking Features
Varo Bank offers a free mobile app available for iOS and Android users to manage all their banking online anytime from anywhere. At the moment of writing this, the Varo Bank app was impressively rated 4.8 out of 5 stars at the App Store and 4.6 out of 5 at Google Play.
With such a highly-rated mobile app, let’s see what you can do with a tap of your finger:
- No fees banking: Open a free bank account with no monthly fees, minimum balance requirements and no hidden fees, and a Visa debit card.
- Grow your money: Open a high-yield savings account and access automatic savings tools to help you save more money.
- Fee-free ATMs: Access 55,000+ Allpoint ATMs to withdraw cash for free.
- Make mobile purchases: Use Google Pay and Samsung Pay for quick, contactless payments.
- Manage your money: Track spending and set up alerts to get notified.
- Send or receive money: Send cash instantly for free from Varo to Varo accounts, and quickly transfer money to and from external accounts.
- Get paid up to 2 days earlier: Varo will deposit the money in your bank account as soon as they receive the direct deposit notification from the Federal Reserve, meaning you can get your paycheck as soon as two days early.
- Get up to $100 instant cash advance: For a small fee, get up to $100 to pay back within 30 days in one tap
- Get peace of mind: Your deposits with Varo Bank are FDIC insured, your debit card protected with Visa Zero Liability, and your personal data is protected with advanced 256-bit AES-level encryption, access control, secure processes, and audits.
- Get excellent customer service: Even though Varo Bank has no branches, it offers phone, email, and Twitter support. The bank is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars in the Better Business Bureau.
How To Sign Up For Varo Bank
You can apply for a Varo Bank account by downloading the Varo Bank mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. Or http://www.varomoney.com/ and click on get started instead. When you sign up for Varo Bank, you apply for a Varo Bank Account, although this will not impact your credit score since Varo does not check your credit score in the application process.
To apply for an account, you must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, 18 years old or older, and have a valid social security number. You will need to provide your identification and your SSN.
Once you are approved, your Varo Bank account will be open, and you will receive it within 6-9 business days. From this point, you can access your banking online through the app or the browser and access all the features and perks that come with your Varo Bank account.
Varo Bank Login Steps
Since Varo is an online bank, Varo customers access their account through the Varo Bank mobile app. The Varo Bank App has a dark purple background and light purple words. To log in to your account using the App, click on the Log In button. Next, enter your username and password.
Your username is the email address on file for your account. If you need help updating the email on file and can’t log in, DON’T submit a new application—if you submit a new application, the email used on that application can’t be put on your open account. Instead, call customer service at 1-877-377-8276 so they can help you. Their call center is open Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time and Saturday – Sunday, 11 AM to 7 PM Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays).
If you don’t remember your password, click “Forgot Password” to reset it. A 6-digit verification code will be texted to your phone number. Once you receive the code, enter the 6-digit verification code into your app. Make sure that you are only using the most recent code and that you enter that code within 2 hours of requesting it. Don’t give this code to anyone on social media claiming to be Varo.
Once you have entered your username and password, you will be logged in to the Varo Bank App. If you would prefer to log in using the Varo bank website, visit https://www.varomoney.com/ and click Log In in the top right corner.
How To Download The Varo Bank App
The Varo Bank mobile app is available for both iPhone and Android. To log in, simply download the app via the App Store or Google Play, set up your account and enter your email address and password. The Varo Bank app supports two-factor authentication as well as fingerprint verification for security purposes. Note that the Varo Bank app is only available for iPhones running iOS 12 or higher and for Android devices running Jelly Bean 4.1 or higher.
How To Reach Varo Bank Customer Service
You can reach Varo Bank Customer Service by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 1-877-377-8276. Their call center is open Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time and Saturday – Sunday, 11 AM to 7 PM Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays).