The Walmart MoneyCard Mastercard Card issued by Green Dot Bank is one of the cheapest prepaid cards on the market and offers cash-back rewards on certain purchases. It is an open-loop reloadable debit card optimized for Walmart shoppers. However, the walmartmoneycard login portal allows you to manage your money online and make it easy to do things like: checking your Walmart Money Card account balance, activating your Card and more.
This article contains general information regarding managing your Walmart MoneyCard online account. Additionally, it discusses steps you need to take in order to set up your online account if you are a first time user, including when and how to load your Walmart Money Card. This guide will help you understand everything you need to know about how About the Walmart MoneyCard works.
About the Walmart MoneyCard
The Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable prepaid debit card that you can use to make electronic purchases everywhere MasterCard or Visa debit cards are accepted.
Your card will come with many of the same features as a checking account. Use your card for direct deposit, and get paid up to two days early. Use mobile check deposit to cash checks, and load them to your balance. Write checks against your balance to pay bills and other expenses, or use the card’s free online bill-pay service. If you have an Apple or Android smartphone, you can download the Walmart MoneyCard App to track the activity on your prepaid card.
Benefits Of Walmart Money Card
The MoneyCard offers many of the benefits found on all Visa and MasterCard debit cards, including fraud protection. Free online bill paying service is also included. You can send money orders, get paper checks, or set recurring monthly payments for bills such as for your auto insurance. These cards also allow you to send funds to friends or family anywhere in the U.S.
You can also earn cash-back rewards by shopping at Walmart.com and via the Walmart app (3% cash back), Walmart fuel stations (2%), and Walmart retail stores (1%). The limit for cash-back rewards is $75 a year.
MoneyCards cost between $1.00 to buy. The card has a $5.94 monthly service fee, which is waived if you loaded $1,000 or more onto the card in the previous month. ATM and teller cash withdrawals cost $2.50, while withdrawals at Walmart stores are free.
Meanwhile, cash reload cost $3.00 at Walmart stores and up to $5.95 for other reload locations. Other fees include a 3% foreign transaction fee and $0.50 for balance inquiries at ATMs. There’s also a $5.95 charge for a 12-pack of checks, $3.00 for card replacement (or $15 for expedited delivery).
How To Create a User Account
If you have not registered your Walmart Money Card, You need to register it for online access before using it for online transactions. You must create an account, including a username and password, which you will use to log in to the system. Process of creating a new account on WalmartMoneyCard Login portal is very easy, when you register for and sign in to your account, you have 24/7 online access to the following account management tools:
- Make your Walmart Money Card payment online
- Manage payment and account settings
- Update your stored personal information
- Choose paperless billing
- Check current balance
- View current and past transactions
- View current and past statements
- View scheduled and past payments
- You’ll need to be the main Walmart Money Card cardholder in order to register
- For security, you have 5 minutes to complete the registration process
- Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser – so they can get you to the right page and help you log in as quickly as possible.
- It should only take a few moments. Once registered, you’ll have immediate access to your Walmart Money Card account and be able to check your transactions, view your statements, pay your bill and manage your account online securely and easily.
To register your new WalmartMoneyCard please go to https://secure2.walmartmoneycard.com/enroll/get-started
You’ll be asked to provide some info so we can verify your identity, including your:
- Date of birth
- 16-digit card number
- Expiration date
- 3-digit security code (found on the back of your card)
- Mobile phone number
- After entering the correct details then click on “Next” and..
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the registration
WalmartMoneyCard Login Steps
In order to manage your Walmart Money Card account online, it is necessary to get online access of the portal. For that, new customer must register their Walmart Money Account online following the above steps. Once you get the online access, you can efficiently and accurately manage your account. Customers can review their account statements, make bill payments, update profile information etc. Following, are the steps to Sign in to your Walmart Money Card account.
Step 1: To access your Walmart Money Card go to https://secure.walmartmoneycard.com/login or to make your Walmart Money Card Bill Payment, Go https://secure.walmartmoneycard.com/account/bill-pay
Step 2: Upon reaching the Walmart Money Card login page, provide your Online User ID followed by your password in the blank spaces below and then press “Log In”. If the particulars entered are correct you will also be taken to your account dashboard. But in any case you don’t remember your username or password just use the Forgot Username or Forgot Password link to retrieve it.
How to Load Your Walmart Money Card
Money can be added to Walmart MoneyCard’s via direct deposits, Walmart store reloads, online transfers, or tax return deposits.
1. Direct Deposit: Payroll checks or your government benefits can be loaded directly onto a MoneyCard through direct deposit. This service is free and you can opt to deposit all or part of your check. Employers may notify the bank of direct deposits up to two days before the official “payday,” and Walmart will then transfer funds to the card early.
2. Walmart Reload: This option allows you to add money to your card at Walmart locations, which can cost up to $5.95. Cash deposits are free using the Walmart MoneyCard app at Walmart stores. For these deposits you can deposit cash by touching the Deposit tab in the Walmart MoneyCard app and selecting “Deposit Cash using the Walmart MoneyCard App.”
3. Online Transfer: An online transfer typically takes one to three business days and there is no reloading fee. However, your bank may charge fees on the electronic transfer.
4. Tax Refunds: If you electronically file your income taxes, you can opt to directly deposit your refund onto your Walmart MoneyCard; no reloading fee applies. You send your card number and mobile phone number to Walmart, which then texts you the direct-deposit information you enter into your tax forms. The standard IRS processing time applies, although e-filing typically allows you to receive a refund more rapidly than filing by mail.
- You may also want to know the Solution To Walmart Visa Gift Card Not Working
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1: How do you get a Walmart MoneyCard? To sign up for a Walmart MoneyCard, you’ll need to fill out the online application and verify some of your personal information. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
2: What bank does Walmart MoneyCard use? The Walmart MoneyCard is issued by Green Dot Bank.
3: How do I check the balance on my Walmart MoneyCard? You can check your MoneyCard balance on Walmart’s website or mobile app or by texting “BAL Last4″ to 96411 (where “Last4” refers to the last four digits of your card number).
4: How do I enroll in Online Bill Pay? It is easy to sign up for Online Bill Pay!
- Select “Online Bill Pay” from the navigation bar
- Click on the “Sign Up Now” button on the right side of the page
- After you have accepted the Bill Payment Agreement and verified your email, you’ll be ready to pay bills using your card.
The Bottom Line
The Walmart MoneyCard comes with a number of free services and other benefits, especially for frequent Walmart shoppers. It also offers a convenient number of ways to load money onto the card. However, other prepaid debit cards and mobile banking options offer lower fees, larger networks of ATMs, and more free services. Research your options before you make a final choice.