What DMV Services are available at AAA Branches in California? After thousands of visitors came to InsuranceDiaries.com in search of an answer to this question (and many others), we decided it was time to research, publish and list the DMV Services that are available at AAA Branches in California.
AAA can help with registration renewal, duplicate registrations, vehicle transfers, & more Save time by taking care of select registration needs at your local branch instead of going to the DMV. No need to make an appointment—just make sure to bring a Visa or Mastercard credit card, cash, or check payable to the DMV.
What DMV Services Are Available At AAA Branches In California?
AAA branches in California offer the following services:
- Renew vehicle registration
- Renew boat/trailer registration
- Get duplicate registration certificates and temporary operation permits
- Get replacement registration stickers
- Order personalized plates
- Order duplicate plates
- Reinstate registrations suspended due to lapse in insurance
- Register vehicles from out of state
- Disabled plates and temporary disabled placards. The California DMV recommends submitting requests for permanent disabled placards online at dmv.ca.gov.
- Register and renew Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV)
- Get duplicate title
- Transfer ownership
- Get International Driving Permit (IDP)
For vehicle-specific transactions, your name must be on the vehicle’s title or registration.
To receive these services, the registered owner must be a AAA Member and present the following: current active AAA Membership card, valid California driver’s license or identification card, and your DMV paperwork. Please visit the nearest AAA branch for DMV services.
What Do I Need to Complete My DMV Tasks at AAA?
Here’s what to bring for your DMV transactions at AAA:
- Valid driver’s license, government-issued ID, or DMV ID card
- For vehicle-specific transactions, you must be a Member and be the registered owner of the vehicle or be titling the vehicle in your name. Services available to AAA Members only unless otherwise noted
- Your DMV paperwork
- Credit card payment for DMV services. They accept most major credit cards. DMV kiosks do not accept cash.
Avoid the wait at your local DMV office: Head to AAA to take care of common DMV tasks.
Please call the branch you plan to visit to confirm the availability of the over-the-counter or kiosk services you need. Many AAA locations now offer online appointment scheduling to save you time.
For more information, visit AAA.com/DMV.