Before I start with the Zipcar Card Activation process I will like to tell you about Zipcar (An American Car-Sharing Company) Zipcar Activation Requirements, How Zipcar Works, How to Use a Zipcar, Zipcar Benefits and much more.
Zipcar is an American car-sharing company and a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group. Zipcar provides automobile reservations to its members, billable by the minute, hour or day; members may have to pay a monthly or annual membership fee in addition to car reservations charges. Zipcar was founded in 2000 by Antje Danielson and Robin Chase.
See Also: How to Fix Zipcar App Not Working
When you’re not intending to drive a Zipcar, enjoy a refreshing craft beer benefit from HonestBrew. Get 10% off your shopping cart from our favorite craft beer experts!
To start your craft beer adventure visit: honestbrew.co.uk/zipcar10 and to claim your 10% discount use code ZIP10 when you checkout.
Zipcar Activation Requirements
- An internet connection in your device.
- Personal details and Zipcar card details.
- The mobile device for Downloading Zipcar App.
- You must have a computerized device such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- You must have a steady internet connection with no troubleshoot error.
- You must know the English language cause this site is available in these two languages.
- Provide your Personal Details like date of birth and Email Id.
Zipcar Card Activation | How To Activate Your Zipcard
If you have already a Zipcar membership and confused about activation and how to use Zipcar Card. Detailed information about the two methods is given below.
Method 1- How To Activate Your Zipcard Online
- First of all check your internet connection and if is off please put it on.
- Visit the official website of Zipcar.
- Here I am providing you site members.zipcar.com so you can save your precious time.
- If you are not a Zipcar member please click here.
- Select your option from 3 given options. 1-join as an individual 2-join with an organization 3-join with a university.
- After selection click on the “Continue” button.
- Select a monthly or yearly plan.
- See all the cars and their rates per day or per hour.
- Now provide your all details like Full name, University name, company name, address, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Submit the details. Now you are the official member of Zipcar.
- Now if you are already a Zipcar member then enter your email or username and password and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Go to the “Activate Zipcar Card” option and provide your Zipcar Card data like Card Number, CVV number, birth date, etc.
- “Submit” it. Now your Zipcar Card is activated.
- That’s it Done!!!!!!!! Now use your Zipcar Card and enjoy your rides.
Method 2- How To Activate Zipcar Card Using Zipcar App
- Firstly you need to find Zipcar App and download on your mobile and install it. You can download the Zipcar App link here for the Android user and for Apple users click here.
- Open Zipcar App and enter your Username and password but if you are not a Zipcar Member then please register yourself.
- For the registration give your Full name, company name, university name(if you are a student), address, Mobile number, email id, etc.
- By submitting your data you are a member of Zipcar.
- Now in the menu select “Activate Zipcar Card”.
- Provide your Zipcar Card details like card number, CVV number and submit it.
- Your details will be verified from the Zipcar Application server and you will be notified that your Zipcar Card is now activated.
- Congratulation!!! Use your Zipcar Card and Enjoy your rides.
How To Use Zipcar
To use a Zipcar, simply walk up to the vehicle and hold your Zipcard up to the card reader in the corner of the windshield to unlock it (make sure the number on the Zipcar matches the number on your reservation).
Before getting in the vehicle, inspect it for damage.
If you find any dents or scratches larger than your Zipcard, call the number on the card to report them.
You’ll find the keys already in the vehicle (generally underneath the steering wheel).
You’ll also find a gas card, which you’ll use to refuel the vehicle after you’ve finished your trip.
Zipcar requires you to leave the gas tank at least one-fourth full.
Make sure to allow some time for refueling, as you could be charged a $50 late fee per hour (up to $150) for returning a car after your reservation ends.
Here’s a video illustration of how to open and use a Zipcar:
I hope this article has given you a better understanding of how to activate Zipcar, how Zipcar works, as well as the benefits the service offers. Zipcar is just one of the many new ways that exist for getting around.