Green Dot Card Activation process is simple and straightforward with is this tutorial. But before we jump into the Green Dot Card Activation steps, it is crucial to know how the card actually works. The Green Dot Card comes free without credit checks when you buy it online.
- You may also want to know how to access your Green Dot Account.
Everything You Need To Know About Green Dot
Green Dot Corporation is an issuer of prepaid MasterCard and Visa cards in the United States. These products are available at nearly 100,000 retail stores including CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Dollar Tree; as well as discounted offerings at Meijer and Walmart. Green Dot also transfers individuals’ direct deposit funds (such as Social Security payments) from the US government to personal bank accounts.
They also provide co-branded card programs to Walmart, Boost Mobile, AT&T and Citibank. In 2007, Green Dot raised $20M in funding,including Sequoia Capital as an investor. In 2008, Green Dot ceased to offer prepaid Discover cards.
On July 30th, 2019, Green Dot launched the Unlimited Cash Back Bank Account, offering 3% cash back as well as a savings account offering 3% interest known as the Unlimited cashback account.
The cards are normal debit cards, and not a line of credit. Purchases are deducted from the balance stored on the card. The user can add more money to the card by paying cash at a retail store’s point of sale, or in certain cases from their paycheck.
How Does the Green Dot Card Work?
Green Dot cards function similarly to debit cards without requiring an existing bank account. In other words, a prepaid Green Dot card allows you to pay bills, buy stuff online, withdraw money from ATMs and cash checks, among other things.
- If you dont have a Green online account then see How To Sign Up For GreenDot
Green Dot’s mobile app also lets you enjoy some of the same benefits of a regular bank card, including direct deposit, money transfers, lock/unlock protection, customizable account alerts, tap-and-go payments (where offered) and mobile wallet compatibility.
- If your Green dot app is down, hopefully you might want to know How To Fix Green Dot App Not Working
Since you’re not drawing funds against a bank account or accessing a line of credit when you use a Green Dot card, your spending limit is capped at the amount of money you loaded onto it ahead of time. Once it’s gone, you can’t make more purchases until you replenish your balance. This built-in spending control is one of the biggest advantages of prepaid cards, as it inherently prevents you from incurring overdraft fees or racking up credit card debt.
Once it’s registered, your Green Dot card includes federal deposit insurance through the issuing bank (in this case, Green Dot Bank), plus protection against loss, theft and fraud, thanks to a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau rule enacted in April 2019.
Green Dot Card Activation: How to Activate Green Dot Card
You should pay attention to the most important part that is your Green Dot Card Activation process. Like any other bank cards, you will also receive your card inactive. To protect you from any possible fraud just in case your card got stolen on transit.
After you have received your card, it shouldn’t take you more than a couple of minutes to activate your Green Dot Card. Here are the following steps on how to register your Green Dot Card:
- Go to Green Dot card activation page – https://www.greendot.com/register
- You will be asked to enter your card’s information in the form. The 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV (that is at the back of the card).
- Then click “NEXT”, you’ll be prompt to finish the registration.
- After your card is registered, you will receive a permanent card in the mail.
Wow… Congratulations! You just completed your Green Dot card activation online.
Now you can start loading money onto it whenever you want and use that card anywhere that takes Visa whether online or at the ATM points.
- Related: How to Check Green Dot Card Balance
Green Dot Card Activation: How to Activate Green Dot Card by Phone
This option is viable for people who have trouble with the internet or simply don’t trust it. Here are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Call the customer care line. This is a toll-free number that can be called from anywhere. If you are calling outside of the United States, you will need to enter your country’s exit code in order for your call to go through
- The customer care agent will ask about your card, and account details and any other document details.
- You will be taken through all the activation steps and you can go ahead and activate your account over phone
If all the steps are done correctly, your card will become active and you are free to use it only if you have loaded funds.
Final Words On Green Dot Card Activation
As you have seen, Green Dot Card Activation process is simple and straightforward with the above tutorial. However, If you want to learn learn more about Green Dot activation or want to know How To Speak to a Live Person at Green Dot Moneypak. You can do that on their official website. Thanks